The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 03-19-2023, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunny View Post
Not sure how many watched Longmire, but I was hoping and happy the way it ended.
Watched the whole thing, enjoyed it quite a bit, and can't recall the ending whatsoever. Brain not what it used to be!
Old 03-22-2023, 07:42 AM
Charter Member

I agree with many here (of those I've seen, at least). I'll add The West Wing and especially Big Bang Theory as favorites. I love the way Big Bang Theory ended with the intro song being performed acoustically with all of them still together, still doing what they always did. It was such a feel-good final episode - no huge changes, no sad endings, no surprises, just life going on as usual as life usually does. Such a great show and one of the few that still makes us laugh out loud at a time when there's not a lot to laugh about, it seems.
Old 03-22-2023, 08:27 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk Hofman View Post
Watched the whole thing, enjoyed it quite a bit, and can't recall the ending whatsoever. Brain not what it used to be!
In the End he has retired as sheriff and rides off horseback into the wilderness to the song "Ends Of the Earth" by Lord Huron , and is the reason I learned the song and added it to the songs I play

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2023.12 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 03-22-2023 at 11:53 AM.
Old 03-22-2023, 11:52 AM

Newhart!
Easily my favorite of all time.
Old 03-26-2023, 05:45 PM

I agree with Rodger about House; had me sucked in 'til the end...

The Shield...Vic stayed dirty to the end and ended up in occupational purgatory...

NYPD Blue...

Oh yeah! Remember Sledgehammer on Fox when it first started? He was an incredibly inept detective whose patented phrase was, "Don't worry; I know what I'm doing." The series ended when he attempted defusing a bomb and blew up the planet...
Old 03-26-2023, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
….it’s been a while but I remember loving the final episode of Northern Lights…..and the outro music which was Iris Dement singing Our Town
That show was actually called Northern Exposure, but I totally agree that the last episode was great especially with Our Town at the end.

I also thought the last episode of The Good Place was excellent.

The last episode of Orphan Black wrapped up the whole series in good form.

I agree on Breaking Bad.
Old 03-26-2023, 06:17 PM

I'm surprised the finale of Lost did not make the worst ever list. Talk about lame, and especially since so many episodes were brilliant.

I have to say Big Bang gets a vote from me. As for St Elsewhere...meh, never cared for the show in the first place.

Celtic harps: 1994 Triplett Excelle, 1998 Triplett Avalon (the first ever made - Steve Triplett's personal prototype)
Old 03-26-2023, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabarone View Post
Remember Sledgehammer on Fox when it first started? He was an incredibly inept detective whose patented phrase was, "Don't worry; I know what I'm doing." The series ended when he attempted defusing a bomb and blew up the planet...
Sledge Hammer! One of my all time favorite shows. The producers had heard that it wasn't going to be renewed after the first season, so that episode was their . . . um, I guess you could say finger gesture? . . . to the Suits. But it turned out that it WAS renewed, (hurray!), so the entire second season was a prequel to the first. Which fit in with the whole vibe of the show.
Oh, and by the way - Anne Marie Martin . . .

Last edited by frankmcr; 03-26-2023 at 08:04 PM.
Old 03-26-2023, 07:59 PM

M*A*S*H

Also, I'm sure I watched the ending of St. Elsewhere but for the life of me I can't remember a thing about it!

Newhart was a great one as well.

The last Big Bang Theory was a good one too.

But M*A*S*H was my favorite.

Best,
PJ
Old 03-26-2023, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcr View Post
Sledge Hammer! One of my all time favorite shows. The producers had heard that it wasn't going to be renewed after the first season, so that episode was their . . . um, I guess you could say finger gesture? . . . to the Suits. But it turned out that it WAS renewed, (hurray!), so the entire second season was a prequel to the first. Which fit in with the whole vibe of the show.
Oh, and by the way - Anne Marie Martin . . .

That tells you how much I was invested in the distillery business back then; I'd totally forgotten that until you posted!

Remember Diedrich Bader in "The Searcher"?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic