The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-08-2022, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcNGeorgia View Post
My only worry would be that I get a Guitar that is defective in some way and then have to deal with disputes and resolution.
For me, the key to finding any good used guitar is patience and understanding your tolerance for transactional risk. I'm like you and not a big fan of dispute resolutions and the like. Thus, I mostly only buy from sellers with a full "NQA" return policy, and sometimes I will drive a bit to see actual guitars in person if it's an "as is" deal.

Guitar Center is really good for used as you can return most used guitars for a generous period, and there is no return shipping if you have a store close-by. Yes, they will be higher in cost, the condition will likely differ from stated, and you are lucky if any good pictures. Yet, all you risk is a bit of time.

I would also purchase from some forum sponsors and known forum members via the classifieds with the standard due diligence. You can easily find references and posts of transaction satisfaction on the forum. A lot of these retailers/members have stellar reputations.

Hope you find that perfect D-15! It will be well worth the search.

Best,

Mac

Last edited by Kerbie; 03-04-2022 at 07:25 PM. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 02-08-2022, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcNGeorgia View Post
I have been hesitant to go the Used route- but see that it is possible to land a D15M around $1K. My only worry would be that I get a Guitar that is defective in some way and then have to deal with disputes and resolution. For that It might be worth the extra $350 to know I have a New guitar, as i'm plannign to bave this one for a V Long time.

However- of course $350 is a lot of money and if I could buy a Fully Functional used D-15 guitar with no issues other than surficial wear, through a reputible dealer online - I would- Any recomendations?
Two retailers that I have bought from and trust that their used products are as described are Dave's Guitars in WI and Chicago Music Exchange. They get quite a bit of used stuff in. I would take a look at their used listings and it may even be worth a phone call to let them know you are looking for a clean used D-15 if one comes in. I suspect you won't have to wait long.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
d-10e, martin