The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Closed Thread

Old 01-02-2015, 07:33 AM

Default Gibson Master Shop Jackson Browne Model A *** SOLD ***

*** SOLD ***

I purchased this Jackson Browne Model A (new) from Sweetwater on February 15, 2011. This guitar is #20 out of the original run of the limited edition series (limited to 100 guitars that are signed by Jackson Browne). *Although more than 100 were made, they were not signed by Jackson Browne and do not include that Certificate of Authenticity signed by Ren Ferguson—which this does. This is this upgraded model featuring the factory-installed Trance Audio Amulet System (very difficult to install after-market). This guitar has been long sold-out and lives up to its acclaim.

I have played this guitar quite minimally (there is only some light wear from using a pick, otherwise it’s in excellent condition). It has been kept in its case. I am selling it because I purchased two (this Model A with the Trance Audio Amulet System, and a Model 1 that doesn’t have the electronics and was not part of the original 100), because I want to finance/offset a custom order I placed with Froggy Bottom.

IMHO, this is the best modern guitar Gibson has made—it sounds deep, open, powerful—like a grand piano indeed, and it’s only because I have another one that I am selling this. Otherwise, I couldn’t part ways with it. I am selling the one with the Trance Audio Amulet System because I don’t have any use for the electronics—record using a microphone and don’t do live performances (and play the other one much more).
  • Signed Gibson Certificate of Authenticity by Ren Ferguson *only the first 100 feature this and Jackson Browne’s signature inside the guitar
  • Adirondack red spruce top and farmed english walnut back/sides
  • 24-3/4" scale length
  • Trance Audio Amulet System
  • I have been the only owner of this guitar, and taken great care of it--it only has some light wear from using a pick, otherwise it’s in excellent condition
  • Kept in its case when not in use and stored in a humidified environment (45-50% humidity)
  • Upgraded to bone Fossilized Walrus Ivory (original bridge pins included in case)
  • Original hard case, documentation, and Certificate of Authenticity included
Bourgeois: The Banjo Killer–Slope D (Custom); Collings: CJ Mh A SS SB (Custom); Froggy Bottom: F-14 Deluxe (Custom), SJ Deluxe; Gibson: Jackson Browne Signature Model 1 Ltd.; Huss & Dalton CM-12 Non-Cutaway (Custom); Jason Kostal: MD (Custom); Kevin Kopp: K-50; Martin: 000-42 Guatemalan (Custom), D-45; Santa Cruz: D-12 Fret (Custom), Tony Rice Signature (Custom)

Last edited by schurch; 01-27-2015 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:50 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

What's the back and sides, walnut?

Thanks and good luck with your sale.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:53 AM

Thanks, yes...the back and sides are Walnut. I think that is one of my favorite things about this guitar. I've also had a 2014 Stage Deluxe Ltd. that was very similar to the Jackson Browne but had Mahogany for the Back and Sides. To me, the Walnut is a nice in-between of Rosewood and Mahogany, and is really beautiful to look at. I really do think, this is one of the most special models Gibson has done in a long time.
Bourgeois: The Banjo Killer–Slope D (Custom); Collings: CJ Mh A SS SB (Custom); Froggy Bottom: F-14 Deluxe (Custom), SJ Deluxe; Gibson: Jackson Browne Signature Model 1 Ltd.; Huss & Dalton CM-12 Non-Cutaway (Custom); Jason Kostal: MD (Custom); Kevin Kopp: K-50; Martin: 000-42 Guatemalan (Custom), D-45; Santa Cruz: D-12 Fret (Custom), Tony Rice Signature (Custom)
Old 01-03-2015, 08:11 AM

Listed on Reverb.
Old 01-18-2015, 06:07 PM

Price reduced.
Old 01-24-2015, 07:04 AM

Weekend bump.
Old 01-27-2015, 05:57 PM

*** sold ***
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
12-fret, gibson, signature, smeck, walnut