The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 08:25 AM

Bill Engvall "Here's your sign" routine - what a great analogy! 10 weeks is actually a great response time for a custom build from a major manufacturer.

I called Taylor last night about my BTO ... they close at 4:30 PST and I called at 4:31. Hopefully it was shipped to Canada.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Mine took exactly 8 weeks from the day I picked the woods at the factory till I received the instrument. They are really busy over there right now according to some of the guys, last time I called a few days ago. I would do what you are doing though. Expect the full 10 weeks. Makes for less pain if it takes longer than 8 weeks. Haha.

What got me through was watching Taylor factory and BTO videos on youtube. Give those 2 subjects a search. Very fun to watch all the videos and gets you even more excited watching guitars being built knowing yours is coming along that same road.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtrmkr22 View Post
Mine took exactly 8 weeks from the day I picked the woods at the factory till I received the instrument. They are really busy over there right now according to some of the guys, last time I called a few days ago. I would do what you are doing though. Expect the full 10 weeks. Makes for less pain if it takes longer than 8 weeks. Haha.

What got me through was watching Taylor factory and BTO videos on youtube. Give those 2 subjects a search. Very fun to watch all the videos and gets you even more excited watching guitars being built knowing yours is coming along that same road.
Believe me, I've been watching as many BTO and factory tour videos as I can find. I find myself searching for other BTOs made with my wood combo or just with part of it as well. I'm also trying to learn some new music and get into some other styles too, and that is helping a little. I'm sure the next month will go by quickly, and I'll have my new baby in no time!
1994 Epiphone Les Paul Bass

2008 Gibson J-185 EC (Sold)
2006 Taylor 714ce (Traded)
2002 Washburn WI24 (Sold)
Old 12-04-2018, 10:41 AM

no pictures?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue4now View Post
no pictures?
This thread is 6 years old and the OP’s last post was over 6 years ago...so I’m assuming that no you won’t get pictures. 😔
G7th Capos
Old 12-04-2018, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrpilot View Post
This thread is 6 years old and the OP’s last post was over 6 years ago...so I’m assuming that no you won’t get pictures. ��
hahahahaha............................ guessing you are correct Been obsessing over ovangkol lately

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
adi, adirondack, bto, ebony binding, ovangkol