The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 07-20-2022, 10:39 AM

Default Fishman: INK3 vs Classica II

Hi there, first post here.

So, I am hoping that this community will help me in my understand of acoustic pre-amps.
To be specific, I am looking at purchasing either a fishman INK3 or fishman Classica II equipped guitar, but any schooling on the topic of acoustic pre-amps is welcome.

The context is a crossover guitar: nylon strings but auditorium size and steel string neck layout.

The classica II would be in combination with a shallow/slim auditorium body, khaya back & sides and a red cedar top.
The INK3 is in combination with a deeper auditorium body, snakewood back & sides and a spruce top (I think sikta but maybe engleman).

I am familiar with the effects that wood have on sound but am hoping to better understand these preamp systems to help me in my choice. A comparison or any information on the sound & functioning of INK3 and/or Classica II would be appreciated.
Thanks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Tags
fishman, nylon crossover, preamp acoustic