The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Old 05-22-2022, 02:43 PM

Default 1998 (or 1996?) Collings DS2H - Shipping Available

Howdy folks,

(I had second thoughts and removed this post awhile back, but I've realized its time to let go. :-( ) Reposting now (and with a small price drop).

This has been my number 1 for about the last 7 years. Only selling because I mostly record vocals and guitar at the same time these days, and I don't need dread volume for anything I write or play, so I'm going to small body/light gauge strings. Interestingly, the neck (1 13/16 nut, 2 5/16 bridge) is no problem for my medium-small hands - it plays as well as any guitar I've owned, and is probably better than any of them for finger style...go figure! Truly, I'm going to be sad to see it go, and I'm in no hurry to sell. It sounds huge and has the characteristic sound of a vintage rosewood dread. I doubt I'll ever have anything again quite like it.

Here's some general info:
  • K&K Pure Mini installed and strap pin
  • Frets are pretty worn, but it's never been a problem for me. It's priced accordingly.
  • Neck angle is healthy and the guitar sets up amazingly well. I think I have it at about 4 to 5/64...no buzz, but I'm also not a heavy strummer.
  • There's plenty of superficial play wear. I'd call it "Martin stage 2 aging/patina!" There are too many superficial dings to photograph. There's a small but noticeable indent around around the 10th fret on the back of the neck.
  • There was an inch or so long top side crack when I bought it that was cleated and stable then. It hasn't moved, and it's hard to see.
  • Never gotten dry or wet in the time I've owned it; I'm careful about my room/humidity and case with humidipaks on the rare occasion humidity swings out of 45-55%.
  • Case is original and functional but is missing one latch.

No longer for sale

Happy to split actual shipping cost to the Continental US, but would much prefer to avoid PayPal fees, so maybe Zelle, if that's safe enough? I see that one on the boards pretty. I'll research!

Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg colliongs back.jpg (42.4 KB, 534 views)
File Type: jpg Collings-Front.jpg (51.5 KB, 532 views)

Last edited by kellyb; 06-28-2022 at 01:26 PM. Reason: no longer for sale
Old 05-22-2022, 03:53 PM
Charter Member

Smile

Very sweet!
Lowden'87 L27FC Taylors’93 Kottke’94 910’82 855c(flor)Harp’19 Emerald Synergy (koa)’17 Doerr Solace select’12 Carmel OM ‘11 SCGC-FS Nylon:Sand,Cervantes.WeissSlide,Gypsy Elecs:Collings Eastside.Turners:RN6,RS6’59335Hist:Strat,Tele,Bass-Lakland,Fender Fretless.Amps:Princeton,Calif Blonde/xcab,Vox,Uke,Accordian,misc devices
Old 05-24-2022, 01:26 PM

Default Shipping available

Adding a continental shipping option in the US!
Old 05-24-2022, 08:55 PM
Charter Member

Default DM

Just sent you a private message.
Old 06-19-2022, 07:24 PM

I've decided I need to part with this one after having second thoughts. Bumping it up!
Old 06-23-2022, 10:50 AM

bumping it up!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > FOR SALE! > AGF Classifieds - Guitars

Tags
collings, martin, santa cruz, waterloo