The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-09-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canoninseattle View Post
Thanks for the reply. Thats exactly what I was feeling when I first played it. Btw do you think the armrest will worth the extra $ to upgrade?
For me, yes. For you, only you can really answer.

I have seen some threads regarding armrests you can attach to a guitar, they look just fine and are praised by those that have gone that route.

Still, for me, I would select the guitar with the designed and built in arm rest.
Old 01-10-2022, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sford52 View Post
For me, yes. For you, only you can really answer.

I have seen some threads regarding armrests you can attach to a guitar, they look just fine and are praised by those that have gone that route.

Still, for me, I would select the guitar with the designed and built in arm rest.
Thank you so much
Old 01-10-2022, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Haha I wanted to try the new K14ce and K24ce but unfortunately they do not have one in stock ( Do you mean you prefer the sound of Furch or the Bevel?
Thank you
Both bevels are very nice and comfortable. I prefer the tone on the Furch.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:14 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Oh man I'm so jealous of you right now haha. Lucky for you to find a used one! Is it a Red deluxe?
It's the Master's Choice model with the Baggs. I really wish they had done something different on the fretboard markers for the Deluxe. I don't like the look of the Roman Numerals at all. But that's just me!

I actually didn't want the Baggs...just wanted the Master's Choice. I don't play out at all and would have preferred not to have the controls on the side with the Baggs. But it was good price on a used one, and I really wanted to try this out! Maybe someday I'll trade for the model I really wanted as more hit the used market.

It's really a great guitar.
Old 01-10-2022, 09:51 AM
Charter Member

From someone who acquired a 2018 Furch G23SR(basically a yellow / orange level) about 6 months ago, the sound is definitely a modern sound, but a step above any Taylor I have owned or played! For the record, I have owned an '02 814 cocobolo limited (best Taylor I have ever heard), an '03 814 Brazilian (worst Taylor I have ever heard - sounded like it was stuffed with old socks - a true DUD), an '87 510, a '00 910, an '04 810, and an '05 514.

The Furch, to me, is much more Goodall like - having owned a Rosewood / Sitka CJ that I foolishly sold about fifteen years ago. The Furch build quality, note articulation, and dynamic response is amazing, especially when you consider the price. I feel like I got 90% of the Goodall sound and quality for 1/3 the cost. That being said, you can't go wrong with either choice!
Old 01-10-2022, 01:13 PM
Get off my lawn kid

The OP's initial reaction was to buy the Furch because the OP liked the tone better. That's the way to go IMO.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
furch, taylor