The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-06-2020, 05:41 PM

Smile Acoustic Guitar Pedalboard

Does anyone here have any experience with acoustic guitar and effects pedals? I'm trying to make a pedal that I can put my hollow-body and acoustic through. However, I'm plugging in my acoustic using a passive Woody XL slot-in. This needs a preamp as to match level with the hollow-body but I'd much rather get a Mooer Pure Boost and MXR 6-band EQ as it would benefit me a lot better. I'd love to the have the choice of turning up the gain on the boost also for the acoustic to add a subtle drive. Would this work?
Old 05-06-2020, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayandersonmusi View Post
Does anyone here have any experience with acoustic guitar and effects pedals? I'm trying to make a pedal that I can put my hollow-body and acoustic through. However, I'm plugging in my acoustic using a passive Woody XL slot-in. This needs a preamp as to match level with the hollow-body but I'd much rather get a Mooer Pure Boost and MXR 6-band EQ as it would benefit me a lot better. I'd love to the have the choice of turning up the gain on the boost also for the acoustic to add a subtle drive. Would this work?

Look at a Boss AD10. Two inputs and you can set different levels for each instrument. There’s a clean volume boost, but dont expect any dirt.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:48 AM

My large pedal board has a 10 band MXR eq on it as well as an ART MP tube pre. I can overdrive the tube pre and get nice crunchy tones with my electric guitars going straight into a PA system. The ART doubles as a DI, so it will match the impedances as needed.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
acoustic, budget, pedal board, pedals, preamp