The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-25-2018, 08:47 PM

I had an F25 for awhile, and I really liked it. Mine was also a '66 like in the OP, and I had nylon strings on it. I loved the way it sounded. Because it played so easily, I lent it to my aunt who had decided she wanted to learn to play. Alas, her basement flooded one spring, and the guitar was destroyed. I've never had the heart to mention it to her.
Old 08-26-2018, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostnote View Post
I had an F25 for awhile, and I really liked it. Mine was also a '66 like in the OP, and I had nylon strings on it. I loved the way it sounded. Because it played so easily, I lent it to my aunt who had decided she wanted to learn to play. Alas, her basement flooded one spring, and the guitar was destroyed. I've never had the heart to mention it to her.
What an unfortunate thing to happen.

I think you're the first person I've ever heard of who's used nylon strings on one of these.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:54 PM

David, I know nothing about the guitar in question, but since I had not heard your music before, I checked out your website, and WOW! Some great singing and playing there. Now I really want to learn the song "Lonely", a great blues tune if ever I heard one.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
blues, f25, folk, gibson acoustic