The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-24-2018, 10:33 AM
The North American Guitar - Richard Poll's Avatar
The North American Guitar - Richard Poll The North American Guitar - Richard Poll is offline
AGF Sponsor

Default Jason Kostal's Landmark 200th Guitar Coming To TNAG

It is with great pleasure that we are able to announce Jason Kostal of Kostal Guitars will be delivering his No.200 guitar to The North American Guitar in 2019. Having known and worked with Jason since we founded TNAG back in 2010, it has been such an honour to have been a part of his journey from the beginning, to watch his brand become one of the most sought-after in the world, and himself secured in the history books as one of the finest luthiers on the planet.

In the same breath, having worked alongside my dear friend Michael Watts for many many years and watching him perform with No.32 at many a concert, sofa session and YouTube videos (and able to play it under supervision a few times), when Jason told us he was replicating Michael's guitar for his No.200 we simply jumped at the chance to offer it to our customers. No.32 is without a doubt one of the most seductive and mouth-watering instruments we have seen come through us here at The North American Guitar and simply cannot wait to see what No.200 will become!

A note from Jason himself...

"14 years ago I started on an adventure that would change my life...I changed direction in life and decided to follow my dreams and do something that makes me happy and fulfilled...I became a luthier. While years of hard work went into my development, the real journey started for me when I made the decision to apprentice with world renowned luthier Ervin Somogyi and a few years later when I built a very special guitar for UK guitarist and friend Michael Watts. MDC # 32 was the culmination of everything that I knew and understood about the guitar at that time, and it became the foundation by which the Kostal Guitars brand was built upon. In 2019 I will be building my 200th guitar, and it seems fitting to me that I return to where it all began for me, and create a guitar that pays homage to not only the guitar itself, but the man that I created it for. In speaking with Ben Montague at TNAG about this guitar, he graciously offered to sell this guitar on my behalf. Given that Michal helped create the initial cornerstones that became TNAG, this opportunity seems fitting and right. I am proud to be able to offer my 200th guitar for sale late in 2019 through TNAG. This guitar will be a Modified Dreadnought made by the Tree with a beautiful German spruce back and sides and 15 years worth of learning, growing and living life along this path! I look forward to finding a very special home for this very special guitar..." Jason Kostal.

Kostal Guitars No.200 Modified Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar, 'The Tree' Mahogany & German Spruce - £25,250

• Modified Dreadnought
  • German Spruce top
  • ‘The Tree’ Mahogany back and sides
  • Stained glass rosette
  • One-piece Honduran Mahogany neck
  • Ebony fingerboard with Ebony binding
  • 14 fret neck to body join
  • 25.25” scale length
  • 1.75” nut width
  • Medium Tall frets
  • Decorative end graft
  • Two tone head cap veneer
  • Ebony back head cap veneer
  • Ebony binding
  • Florentine cutaway
  • Manzer-Style wedge
  • MOP side position markers
  • Ebony backstrip
  • Ebony bridge
  • Gotoh 510 Cosmo black/ebony tuners
  • Bone saddle
  • Bone nut
  • Hoffee Custom case

For more information, and to pre-order, do get in touch!
Old 08-24-2018, 10:41 AM
The North American Guitar - Richard Poll's Avatar
The North American Guitar - Richard Poll The North American Guitar - Richard Poll is offline
AGF Sponsor

Wow, that was quick! SOLD!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
200, jason kostal, kostal, modified dreadnought, tnag