The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 02-18-2021, 11:58 AM

Default My acoustic pedal board

I've been playing around with a bunch of pedals and think I've found a really nice, workable solution for me. Board is a tourtech with built in rechargeable power supply. Between this and my Bose S1 Pro, I can go play a gig in the middle of the desert if I want to! I'm really happy with everything, except I'll probably swap out the reverb at some point.

The sunnaudio preamp is being run dual mono. Both guitars will have a separate channel with EQ to get them to match a little better. It's a very handy little box.

Obviously it's not wired up and stuck down yet, and I don't sing so there is nothing for a mic in there.

If you are so inclined, it would be fun to see you guys boards too! Post a pic!
Old 02-18-2021, 02:00 PM

Cool!

I acquired a BOSS hard cover (molded plastic) pedal board. (No picture available yet). It is basically a wide, flat suitcase with velcro. Nice feature is that molded into the base, up in the corners are 1/4" in-and-out plug-ins and in-and-out plugs for 9-volt power. No XLR in/out, though. I will be adding those soon. Probably a block held in place with velcro.

I can have my pedals completely plugged in and wired up inside the case and guitar and mic cables (with low profile right angle plugs) also plugged in.

I can walk up on stage, plop the case down, open it, put the lid aside, reach down and hand the PA operator two cables and say, Plug these in, please and turn off the house mic.

Then pull my guitar cable out of the case (already plugged into the case input) and insert into my guitar. Lastly, pull my microphone, already completely wired up and swap my mic for the house mic.

At that point, I am up and running.

Now, if I can just get my GxT tuned up (see my question in another thread, https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...68#post6637168 )

Last edited by Lost Sheep; 02-18-2021 at 10:36 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:17 PM

I have a BOSS BCB-6 pedal case loaded with the following:

* BOSS TR-2 Tremolo

* BOSS RV-3 Digital Reverb/Delay

* BOSS DM-2 Analog Delay

* BOSS CH-1 Super Chorus

* MOSAIC 12 string simulator pedal

* BOSS Flanger

Instant setup and no need to change anything!

Last edited by 6L6; 03-25-2021 at 09:00 AM.
Old 02-18-2021, 02:24 PM

My pedalboard got very simple recently: Baggs voiceprint into Baggs Reverb. I might consider an Align Session in the future, but I don’t like to complicate it too much
Old 02-18-2021, 03:17 PM

The volume pedal is now actually an Ernie Ball VP JR 25k.
Old 02-18-2021, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jklotz View Post
I've been playing around with a bunch of pedals and think I've found a really nice, workable solution for me. Board is a tourtech with built in rechargeable power supply. Between this and my Bose S1 Pro, I can go play a gig in the middle of the desert if I want to! I'm really happy with everything, except I'll probably swap out the reverb at some point.

The sunnaudio preamp is being run dual mono. Both guitars will have a separate channel with EQ to get them to match a little better. It's a very handy little box.

Obviously it's not wired up and stuck down yet, and I don't sing so there is nothing for a mic in there.

If you are so inclined, it would be fun to see you guys boards too! Post a pic!
Really nice rig, and I really got interested into the rechargeable power supply. What's the model of it? How long it lasts? It would be really great to have one of those!

2005 Martin HD28 with K&K Trinity;
2012 Cordoba C10;
Grace Design Felix 2;
Sennheiser MD441;
DPA 4099 Core;
DPA 4018L;
Bose L1 Compact;
QSC Touchmix 8;
QSC K10.2;
Neumann u87ai;
Neumann KMS105;
Neumann KM184 (matched pair).

http://www.youtube.com/rodrigopandelo
http://www.rodrigopandelo.com
http://www.instagram.com/rodrigopandelo

São Paulo/Brazil
Old 02-18-2021, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PANDAPANDELO View Post
Really nice rig, and I really got interested into the rechargeable power supply. What's the model of it? How long it lasts? It would be really great to have one of those!
Yes, it is really cool. I left it on for 4 hours today with the pedals in my pic and it still has almost 1/2 charge left. I believe you can run it plugged in even with no charge if you want, but let me double check that.

Here is the link to the one I ordered:

https://www.samash.com/tourtek-pb190...se-satpb1905-p

It is actually made by Boxking and is available by that brand and branded as other names as well.

A little tip for you: If you want one, call sam ash, don't just order online. It says backordered on the website, but they will ship to you from store stock which is available.
Old 02-18-2021, 09:31 PM

I have a few different boards but I amp building one currently around a HX Stomp pedal, I'm just waiting for a volume pedal and some special cabling for the Radial DI.

This board sounds great. The front-end is a JHS Colour Box which really sounds great!

I can't wait to finish this thing up, the volume pedal should be here this weekend.

Old 02-18-2021, 10:16 PM
Charter Member

I'll try to post some pics of my acoustic board this weekend. It has a Radial PZ PRE, Ernie Ball VP, Polytune, Boss RV6, and MXR line driver/boost. It also has a Cioks DC7 power supply which provides the 18v required for the PZ PRE. All mounted to a Pedaltrain PT JR.

2 suggestions for anyone building a pedalboard:

Use Dual lock instead of Velcro.
Check out EBS Gold patch cables.
Old 02-18-2021, 10:52 PM

Default My pedalboard partially built

Built in a BOSS BCB-60 molded plastic briefcase pedalboard.

The empty spaces used to be occupied by wound-up cables, but I thought, "Hey, I could go wireless"

A wireless lavalier mic clipped onto my hat feeds a receiver connected to the input to the TC Helicon Gxt Harmonizer. Output of the vocals from the harmonizer go to (through a converter, XLR-1/4") the plug at the upper left corner which is connected to a 1/4" output which has a transmitter in it. The receiver, I just hand to the PA operator (with a 1/4" to XLR converter because the receiver is 1/4" male).
((Update 2021-02-24-sending the XLR Voice signal through a 1/4" adapter to a guitar wireless transmission to the PA adds a hiss to the mix. It works, but sounds unprofessional. Either have to get (expensive) transceiver designed for microphone/XLR connections or use a balanced, shielded microphone cable))

A wireless guitar plugin goes from the guitar to the input on the upper right of the pedalboard. The output on the pedal board (upper right, just below the aforementioned input) passes to the MXR EQ unit, then goes (the blue/green cord) to the guitar input of the TC Helicon Harmonizer. The guitar output of the Harmonizer (yellow cord) goes to the upper left corner of the board where that signal is routed to a transmitter. The matching receiver, I just hand to the PA operator.

A Battery-powered 9v power supply feeds both boxes.

I could add more boxes if the power supply would accommodate them, but I think I am already pushing the limit because the Harmonizer is supposed to get 12 volts and I am only giving it 9 (for experimentation).

In any event, the cobbled-together unit has a lot of 1/4" to XLR male and female converters mixed and mis-matched and currenlty is short one Transmitter-Receiver pair, but it actually works!!!

Unfortunately, I cannnot figure out how to add the pictures I took. They are on my computer, but not in the cloud, so I have no URL for them.

Last edited by Lost Sheep; 02-24-2021 at 05:00 PM.
Old 02-19-2021, 05:59 PM
Charter Member

Here's my acoustic board and my looper board. The larger board is a PT Jr. The looper is a PT mini.PXL_20210219_235056205.jpgPXL_20210219_235110917.jpgPXL_20210219_235118612.jpgPXL_20210219_235113568.jpg
Old 02-19-2021, 06:06 PM
Charter Member

Not visible in the photos but my acoustic board has a Cioks DC7 power supply. I chose this supply because the PZ PRE requires 15v.

When I snapped this photo I had a Boss tuner on the board which has been replaced with a Polytune.

Last edited by drive-south; 02-19-2021 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-23-2021, 05:06 PM

I'm just a weekend warrior, but here is my little setup.

The TC helicon is more of a learning curve than I would have wanted...wish there was an equivalent in something analogue but I'm trying.

-------THE FLEET-------
2014 Martin GPCPA5 (1st guitar, bought 12-24-2014)
2014 Martin D15M
1967 Framus Classical
2015 Epiphone DR-100
1989 Squire Telecaster
2010 Fender USA Strat
2015 Reverend 6-Gun
2016 Tom Anderson Drop Top-T
2016 Gibson Hummingbird, Ebony Finish

Vox AC10, Fender Mustang II

Good Golf, Good Tennis, or Whatever You Like To Q!
Old 02-25-2021, 05:53 PM

Kind of an oddball person here and more new to pedals. Played around the ZOOM G1X for about a year and decided I didn't like digital. Lots of fiddling back and forth from the computer to the actual playing music. Also I'm playing a Godin Mulituke with the RMS pickup system into a Fishman Loudbox mini. I wanted some of the clean and clear of the acoustic world and some loud and dirty on the side. Not sure the 850 fuzz is going to stay but it's new so I'll give it some time. I do like just a touch of overdrive that the Soul Food is giving me and with the reverb dialed in I'm have fun. I can't wait to plug the board into my sons 100W Fender amp.

I bought the Alcam board out of Spain. Shipping was outrageous, but the board arrived in 4.5 days. The board is availabe in the USA but without other accessories I still would have ordered from Spain with high shipping costs. SO ordered once paid the price. I'm happy. Oh, I don't like velcro. So that's why I went with the Alcam.
For Power and Eventide mini under the board.

Signal Chain for now:

Godin to the 850 Fuzz to the Soul Food to the AC 3 to the Echo Delay to the Holy Grail to the AMP.

I moved the Fuzz and Soul Food around. That change was for the better.

I've been having fun using a small amount of overdrive, the chorus, tape delay and then reverb.

I leave the amp settings neutral with the gain up about 10 o clock. Having fun dialing in the sounds and tones. Some compromises for sure but I'm working on it all and having fun. Might get a looper down the road.

Well the Fuzz is going to go. Doesn't really fit in with the style of music I am playing. It was fun to check out. My son plays electric guitar, he won't mind a new pedal to play with and I'll know where to find it if I want it back. I am going to try out a Mooer Blues Mood in the chain. Low cost and small size, well see what it does. If I like it I may have to reorganize with a better quality but larger pedal--take the Turnip Greens off and add a Reverb on the end of the chain. I hear PAS is as bad as UAS or GAS.

Last edited by mjh42; 03-09-2021 at 09:18 PM. Reason: Made some changes and have had time to play with the settings a bit.
Old 02-26-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedbaby View Post
I'm just a weekend warrior, but here is my little setup.

The TC helicon is more of a learning curve than I would have wanted...wish there was an equivalent in something analogue but I'm trying.

That looks like a very straight forward pedal board, very clean! I hear you on the learning curve. I've been programming two different multi-fx pedals on two different boards, and I'm just getting the hang of getting usable tones. It's well worth the work though, as I love just hitting a button, and having a perfectly dialed tone for each song.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification