The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-06-2020, 07:46 AM

Default Is everyone OK?

The trouble with forums (fora ?) is that people can disappear and you don’t necessarily know why. Bruce Sexauer last posted 6 days ago. Ben Wilborn’s last post was 16 days ago and ‘AZ Cardinal’s (Frog) for whom he’s making a guitar was also 6 days ago. Just hope everyone’s OK.

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-06-2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Edited.
Old 11-06-2020, 07:57 AM

Folks do get busy. It's easy enough to get in depth into a build and only have time to post updates once a week or every 2 weeks or so. I think it's just life happening and normal stuff.

Formerly known as, "Will Kirk"
Old 11-06-2020, 08:56 AM

I have often gotten concerned when some of our luthiers who regularly post go "radio silent". Always breathe a bit easier when I see a new post from those folks.

Last edited by Kerbie; 11-06-2020 at 08:58 AM. Reason: Edited.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:07 AM

I'm doing fine. Thanks for asking!

That's 4 down, 119,967 to go! We can do this.
Old 11-06-2020, 09:18 AM
Charter Member

Smile Good question!

I feel the same way! Hoping ALL of our builders, owners, and EVERYONE else is well and hanging in there!!!

Going out for a nice walk in the woods now....

Salud!

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 11-06-2020, 09:44 AM
AGF Sponsor

Tim and Mary are healthy and doing OK here. We took a 2 week trip last month from Ohio to Florida to visit friends, customers and family. On the trip we came up with a design for a spec guitar in honor of those who live in the southern states.

You can get a "taste" of the McKnight OKRA guitar right here in the custom build area. Sometimes it is fun to take a weight of the world off the shoulders and build a great just for fun. Although Tim and I are not in the least bit fans of the vegetable we do find the shape intriguing and no matter how you slice it, it is pretty. Who will desire to own a guitar designed with an Okra in mind? Today, I do not have that answer, but someone will. It's up for sale and if someone wants to join in the fun of the design it's possible for Tim to put your name on that label.

The one thing I can say I have learned, because there is a guitar for every ear and an ear for every guitar, it is fun for us to enjoy our business.

STAY SAFE EVERYONE.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

I'll continue "Doin' Life ... As a Luthier's Wife"
McJam = Guitar private event June 21-22, 2024
[email protected]
Pre-sign is required and begins now.

Last edited by Mary; 11-06-2020 at 09:54 AM.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary View Post
...Who will desire to own a guitar designed with an Okra in mind? Today, I do not have that answer, but someone will.
Okrahomans for sure.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:19 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
Okrahomans for sure.
We almost went west this year, but fires and ice deterred our thinking, but would have gone right through your land. PM us some contact information if you might want a visit from this duo when we do travel that way. A visit usually consists of an hour or so and does not mean we will invade your home. We have met in homes, restaurants, the motel lobby, businesses.

Last year we went north to upstate as to Petosky, Michigan to explore the area where a McKnight guitar was designed to honor Eire's favorite Petosky stone. His guitar still fascinates us.

Easterners - if you are interested Sooner or later we hope to see all of you at the upcoming Artisan Guitar Show in Harrisburg, PA.

AGF MCKNIGHT GUITAR SNIPPETS https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/...d.php?t=663228

[email protected]
Old 11-06-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
We almost went west this year, but fires and ice deterred our thinking, but would have gone right through your land. PM us some contact information if you might want a visit from this duo when we do travel that way. A visit usually consists of an hour or so and does not mean we will invade your home. We have met in homes, restaurants, the motel lobby, businesses.

Last year we went north to upstate as to Petosky, Michigan to explore the area where a McKnight guitar was designed to honor Eire's favorite Petosky stone. His guitar still fascinates us.

Easterners - if you are interested Sooner or later we hope to see all of you at the upcoming Artisan Guitar Show in Harrisburg, PA.
That is incredible kind of you. However, I believe I'm Northeast of you, and across the border, but who knows what the future will bring.

How about this for a tagline, "It took a luthier to make okra sweet and tasty."
Old 11-06-2020, 10:29 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc1 View Post
How about this for a tagline, "It took a luthier to make okra sweet and tasty."
Our southern chef friends would probably not agree but I kind of think like you. This organic Okra guitar might even taste better than what it is designed by .

[email protected]
Old 11-06-2020, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Our southern chef friends would probably not agree but I kind of think like you. This organic Okra guitar might even taste better than what it is designed by .
Let's add a little bling and change it to: "Only a luthier could make okra this sweet and tasty." That still leaves room for those who think its palatable.

I'm neutral on okra. I like the sound of the word, I like the way it looks, I want to like it, and sometimes it's not bad, and other times, well, it could use a string change.
Old 11-06-2020, 10:51 AM
AGF Sponsor

If you have been keeping up with my thread you know I am recovering from a bad spill on my bicycle. I am okayer everyday, and will be back to full tilt eventually.

Because I am in the middle of the finishing process on my latest piece I am not posting much. The photos tend to look the same from one end of the process to the other. I do have a few guitars in the build queue to keep us all entertained.
Old 11-06-2020, 12:23 PM
Charter Member

So Mary, will the body shape of the okra guitar be a grand okra-stra? LOL
Old 11-06-2020, 02:53 PM
Charter Member

Smile Yay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Sexauer View Post
If you have been keeping up with my thread you know I am recovering from a bad spill on my bicycle. I am okayer everyday, and will be back to full tilt eventually.

Because I am in the middle of the finishing process on my latest piece I am not posting much. The photos tend to look the same from one end of the process to the other. I do have a few guitars in the build queue to keep us all entertained.
Go, Bruce, go

Because of your crash, I'm even more careful on my bicycle than normal! I just ride on the neighborhood roads, I gave up going where there's much traffic years ago...

And my bicycle weighs a ton. But what the heck, I'm riding for fun and fitness

Salud

Paul
Jumbo OLD Brazilian RW/WRC

R.T 2 12c sinker RW/Claro
96 422ce bought new!
96 LKSM 12
552ce 12x12

J. Stepick Bari Weissy WRC/Walnut

More
Old 11-07-2020, 10:37 AM

Default Hi!

I'm here! I just talked to Ben Wilborn yesterday and my FrogTar is almost done and he is extremely pleased with it, especially the tone!! I'm so excited to see it tomorrow. More professional pics and videos to follow!

So sorry to hear of Bruce spill on the Bike. I went riding twice this week and was a bit more cautious....

Wilborn Sidewinder (Braz-Adi)
Wilborn Gloria #1
2 Taylor Baritones
Mcilroy A30c
1960 Martin Nylon Folk
1974 Guild Mark IV
1985 Gibson Les Paul custom

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop