The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-20-2016, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard View Post
Locobolo-

Woodstock IL and the OM f-1 is easily the best value I have ever acquired at a given price point. Actually, it's one of the nicest guitars I've owned at ANY price point. Just don't tell this Ryan guy (God forbid Steve) because Ryan seems to be trying to assume my "marketing guy" identity and Steve actually cursed at me recently. He said "prices are going up soon."...the audacity.

I told him that I could see a "train is leaving the station soon" close a mile away. Then I agreed to order and SJ in Macassar/Lutz. UGH... I feel like singing a Joe Walsh song.

HEY JOE - YOU NEED TO CHECK THESE OUT!
Man, if trying to keep up with Mr. Tucker wasn't enough, now I gotta battle the Lizzard for 2016 customer of the year. My reign is definitely in major jeopardy. Plus all this danged Kinnaird mania going on here is driving the price up....I gotta go add something stronger to my coffee, plz excuse me
Old 02-20-2016, 01:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
(Moderators: I'm doing this song and dance for you. Hope you appreciate it. Any explicit sales pitch is located in the Marketplace thread. This is just an informational post that is relevant to the current state of lutherie )

So, it's come to that awkward time again (thankfully it's only happened twice in ten years) where Steve and I need to raise our prices. This will happen March 15th. All the information about it and how you as an AGF member can actually benefit from it (cough...discounts...cough) is located in the much more liberated AGF Marketplace.

Kinnaird Guitars Price Increase PSA

However, this is not a sales pitch - this is to help us make sure that our map is up to date. In our never-ending quest to beautify our shop, we installed a map of the country and put pins wherever we could remember one of our guitars live. But, we're not sure we got all of them. If you don't see one of yours, please let us know....and here's the map.

We also have half a dozen guitars in the United Kingdom, one in France, Singapore, Australia. If you think we missed one, please let us know.

For more information on why this is important to us and you, please check out the other thread. Steve and I mainly want to thank you and the AGF for all the support through the years. The AGF is a special place and we're grateful that you make it that way.
Very Cool idea
Old 02-20-2016, 03:54 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacluth View Post
Astute observation! Reds are SJ's. Greens are FS's. Blues are OM's. Yellows are CS's. Whites are parlors.

You win an extra 1% off your order.
Too funny, Ryan! Thanks for the added incentive.....
2020 Wilborn Arum (Tunnel 14/Coco)
2021 Kinnaird Graybeard (BC Cedar/Bog Oak)
2022 Kinnaird CS Student Build (Adi/Padauk)
2023 Kinnaird FS (Italian/Koa)
Old 02-20-2016, 04:07 PM

That's quite an endorsement! Trying out a Kinnaird is in my bucket list. Maybe I should pay you a visit so that I can scratch that off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizzard View Post
Locobolo-

Woodstock IL and the OM f-1 is easily the best value I have ever acquired at a given price point. Actually, it's one of the nicest guitars I've owned at ANY price point. Just don't tell this Ryan guy (God forbid Steve) because Ryan seems to be trying to assume my "marketing guy" identity and Steve actually cursed at me recently. He said "prices are going up soon."...the audacity.

I told him that I could see a "train is leaving the station soon" close a mile away. Then I agreed to order and SJ in Macassar/Lutz. UGH... I feel like singing a Joe Walsh song.

HEY JOE - YOU NEED TO CHECK THESE OUT!
Old 02-20-2016, 04:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

Chris, you see--your influence was profound.
Your marketing genius rubbed off on us. Why, we used to be starving artists.
And now...now we're just hungry.
So thank you!

sKt

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 02-20-2016, 05:10 PM

Love the map. Are the really not more pins near Bob's house or did you settle for 1 pin per model :-).
Old 02-20-2016, 05:12 PM
AGF Sponsor

Only half of Bob's guitars are at his house. The rest are spread around the globe.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 02-21-2016, 12:23 AM

Default Library cards...

I have a library card system for loaning them out to those who will treat them nicely. I even cycle 'em thru Steve and Ryan so they can appreciate their own handiwork. If I could build what they build, I would NEVER let one get away!

And Tom, please no Mr Tucker...remember I tried to steal your guitar once. Bet you aren't loaning yours out yet!
Collings SJ Braz/Ger, 000-42Koa, UC3 Killer Koa
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 02-21-2016, 12:45 AM

Looks like I'm close to being on the map.
Old 02-21-2016, 07:56 AM

Ah, from one Pastor Steve to another! Congrats...you will so enjoy being 'on the map!'
Jeffrey Yong's Seismic 2011 Japan Earthquake Tribute and a Quilt Mah "The Tree" Olson
Old 02-21-2016, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kinnaird View Post
Chris, you see--your influence was profound.
Your marketing genius rubbed off on us. Why, we used to be starving artists.
And now...now we're just hungry.
So thank you!

sKt
Steve,

If I ever thought anything I said was profound, I would know I was the chump at the table.

Chris

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red
Old 02-21-2016, 08:20 AM

Duplicate post

The Acoustics

Tom Doerr - Trinity. Flamed Maple under Swiss
Tom Doerr - M/D. Braz under Red
Old 02-21-2016, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckerRE View Post

And Tom, please no Mr Tucker...remember I tried to steal your guitar once. Bet you aren't loaning yours out yet!
Ahh, you are 100% correct on that. In fact since its arrival, no hands have touched it other than mine!!! No one in the family will get near it, hmmmm is that wrong of me?

Last edited by TomB'sox; 02-21-2016 at 09:30 AM.
Old 02-21-2016, 09:02 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastorSteve View Post
Looks like I'm close to being on the map.
We're excited to move another pin to Colorado! TuckerRE has been trying to get us to hold our Kinnaird Guitars reunion up in Evergreen for a while. Looks like you're giving us one more reason to do it.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 02-21-2016, 05:40 PM

Default Not at all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Ahh, you are 100% correct on that. In fact since its arrival, no hands have touched it other than mine!!! No one in the family will get near it, hmmmm is that wrong of me?
Not at all! But I AM thankful I got to play it before you did...na na na na na na...Oops, I mean I am thankful I got to play it before it left the shop. But NO, I only played it a moment...mostly I just LQQKED at it and admired it and listened to Steve play it and got to see the pride on his face...and i relish the joy it's been to you...severe joy! What fun!

But of all my feelings, I mostly like that you let us ALL come along on your journey of the build...you put a LOT of work into the thread and we (I am sure many of us) followed it daily and enjoyed it so vicariously!

What we NEED soon, tho, is another Kinnaird Reunion and I AM offering Colorado for next time! After ALL I seem to be fairly centrally located on Ryan's map!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop