The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-30-2015, 06:35 AM
Lovin' nice guitars...

Gorgeous work and designs. Thanks for sharing Marcus!

Woody (aka: Mike)

FOR SALE: Kinnaird Brazilian!!
Old 05-30-2015, 07:24 AM

Default Memphis Guitar Festival

Can't wait to see these in Memphis!!!
Old 05-30-2015, 05:32 PM

Default Michaud Made - Memphis Bound

Very nice Marcus! Looking forward to adding my Michaud to the collection this winter!
Old 05-31-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
They are only imaginary to those who are unable to see them, I have no words to console those unfortunate souls...

What I can see on this page are some beautiful guitars....I was just thinking how nervous I would be as a luthier to pack up and ship all the guitars they have made over the better half of the last year....how nervous that would make me...will they arrive on time, in good shape, not be misplaced....aaarrrgghhhh makes me crazy thinking about it right now....gotta breath, just breath....

Tom
You need to hold a workshop at Memphis on the topic of identifying the spirit of the timbres used to construct a particular build to bring it to the next level by being built to be what it was born to be.

ARGH now you're driving me crazy too! Your madness is contagious D: especially since my build is amongst them!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

www.TheGoldenEraGuitar.com
[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 05-31-2015, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Too Many Guitar View Post
Can't wait to see these in Memphis!!!
Can't wait to hear what you people think of his work as he been largely under the radar!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by invguy921 View Post
Gorgeous work and designs. Thanks for sharing Marcus!
It is my pleasure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan688 View Post
Very nice Marcus! Looking forward to adding my Michaud to the collection this winter!
Thanks Brendan, and I am EXTREMELY looking forward to your build. the woods chosen are perfect and I love that this is going to be a themed guitar. Can't wait to see what Joel cooks up for you. I am sure you are going to love it!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:
Astrand | Bowerman | Brondel | Buendia | Casimi | Datlen | Doerr | Fujii | Gerber | GR Bear | Heinonen | Isaac Jang
Keith | Keystone | Matsuda | Michaud Made | Ogino | Pellerin | Petros | Poljakoff | Strahm | Tom Sands | Wingert

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 05-31-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus Wong View Post
You need to hold a workshop at Memphis on the topic of identifying the spirit of the timbres used to construct a particular build to bring it to the next level by being built to be what it was born to be.

ARGH now you're driving me crazy too! Your madness is contagious D: especially since my build is amongst them!
Great idea!!!! Maybe Bob can fly me down as an emergency speaker....perfect.

Don't worry about the shipping, that is just my paranoia, I am sure it will be fine, well pretty sure, I mean there is only a slight chance of anything happening, well I mean it is rare, well pretty rare, Ok there is a slight chance of something, OK, it may be a little more common than we think, alright, well if something did happen it would probably just be a minor thing, well I guess it could be worse, but how bad could it really be, well I guess it could be kind of bad....Nooooo, I am sure it will be fine....
Old 06-01-2015, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB'sox View Post
Great idea!!!! Maybe Bob can fly me down as an emergency speaker....perfect.

Don't worry about the shipping, that is just my paranoia, I am sure it will be fine, well pretty sure, I mean there is only a slight chance of anything happening, well I mean it is rare, well pretty rare, Ok there is a slight chance of something, OK, it may be a little more common than we think, alright, well if something did happen it would probably just be a minor thing, well I guess it could be worse, but how bad could it really be, well I guess it could be kind of bad....Nooooo, I am sure it will be fine....
Haha! I'm going to fly over to disconnect you from your internet connection!

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-01-2015, 05:58 AM

Default Wood Meets Metal

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420

Last edited by Marcus Wong; 06-01-2015 at 08:21 AM.
Old 06-01-2015, 06:00 AM

If no one snatches this baby up at Memphis, I am going to start seriously doubting the guitar community Joel says that this is one of his favourite builds ever in both aesthetics and tone.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-01-2015, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Haha! I'm going to fly over to disconnect you from your internet connection!
HAHA....

sorry
Old 06-01-2015, 07:19 AM

This guitar is a legitimate wowser! I guess I know who I'm calling next time.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage97 View Post
This guitar is a legitimate wowser! I guess I know who I'm calling next time.
I shall be patiently waiting for that build thread Sage! You going to Memphis by any chance?

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-01-2015, 08:47 AM

Default Moon Tree

If this doesn't make your head spin, I don't know what will!

This is essentially a spec build as I would have built just this with no customer input, and this really defines my current taste - simple, clean, refined, even restrained with just a touch of something unique. I really love the OO size as it is super comfortable to play in any setting, and when braced appropriately, it is not a "compromise" to the bigger bodies. It has an explosive response followed by some coloured overtones.

(And I, Marcus Wong, can attest to this statement! Following a blind test with the brand new Michaud OO-R Engelmann Koa and a well seasoned small shop OM Sitka EIR of over 2 years old, one would find the Michaud OO-R bigger sounding in almost every way. And may I add in that this particular small shop OM is possibly the best small shop guitar I've encountered so far!!)

Building with The TREE Mahogany was a real joy. There is truly something special about this wood. The legend, rarity and figure... all led me to approach this build with a very solid state of mind. The wood itself is extremely loud (visually) so I wanted to tone everything else down - Ebony binding with a simple Tree rosette. The back graft inlay nods towards the classical world. The aesthetics is carried on to the heel cap and helps tie the whole instrument together. Because of the design, I had to finish with the neck attached which was something I haven't done in a while. Again, a simple architectural headstock inlay following the design, along with an end graft tie in.

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-01-2015, 08:48 AM

The status of the Moon Tree is....complicated. It is up for sale at the festival but you might have to fight Jay for it

AUTHORISED DEALER OF:

...and more

[email protected]
+65 8666 0420
Old 06-01-2015, 08:55 PM

Quote:
The status of the Moon Tree is....complicated. It is up for sale at the festival but you might have to fight Jay for it
I might be little but I'm weak! I don't fight! Ok I'm not that little but I'm still weak.

Last edited by BBWW; 06-01-2015 at 09:18 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Tags
memphis guitar festival, michaud made