The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-01-2013, 03:26 PM

Default New Acoustic Acquisition

Hi forum, awhile ago I took delivery of a beautiful Skyland Custom in Brazilian rosewood/Myrtlewood, from Patrick James Eggle guitars in the UK. What a stunning and beautifully balanced Guitar, I can't put it down. I have waited to see whether I would gel with the Guitar, before posting details of my acquisition on the forum. This Guitar makes me feel so good, so here goes ;
Patrick has made it with an AAA Sitka top, Myrtlewood sides and a three piece Myrtlewood/Brazilian Rosewood/Myrtlewood back. This combination is so stunning. All bindings are of cocobolo, with a custom rosette being made of spalted maple and birch. The one piece Mahogany neck has an ebony fingerboard and headstock overlay with White MOP PJE logo and Black/White MOP fingerboard markers. The bridge is of black ebony with bridge pins of ebony with green abalone dots and the nut and saddle are polished bone.
This is the guitar I have waited for all my life. The sound is so powerful, with sustain that rings forever, and note separation to die for!! It is inspiring me as a player every time I pick it up. Hope to get some photo's either on here or on photobucket very soon.
Marshall AS100D.
MesaBoogie 5:50 2x12 combo.

Last edited by taylormadeguita; 02-02-2013 at 06:37 PM.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:37 PM

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pictures!
Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM

Hi Billy Boy,

Many thanks, I am really made up with this guitar

How can I post photos on the forum, I thought of Photobucket but would ideally like to post here if I can.

Any advice much appreciated.
Marshall AS100D.
MesaBoogie 5:50 2x12 combo.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop