The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-22-2013, 11:13 PM

Default vintage 60's or 70's granada 12 string guitar

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have several guitars, yet I don't play. LOL I have this compulsive disorder, I guess that's what you would call it. I buy vintage musical instruments when I find them. I have this one right now that I am interested in understanding. It's vintage 60's or 70's Granada 12 string guitar. It says Granada model no# Japan That's it. And the model no# was never added. I want to know what that means. Why wouldn't it have the model number on it? It is for sure old. It has a lot of pearl in lay on the arm. Light wood on the front, like a natural wood, then dark on the sides and back, except for a V like strip down the back, with the natural wood in the inside V. The dark has the grain like walnut. It's real ornate and decorative. Leather case and all. It looks 60's or 70's and I should know, I was around then. LOL Can anyone tell me what it could be worth? Thank you all for your help, I've been reading some of the post. You all seem to be real smart with guitars, I feel this is going to be the most helpful place to start! Thank you, Debra Ps can you post pictures on this site?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:00 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debra Cake View Post
Hello, I'm new to this forum. I have several guitars, yet I don't play. LOL I have this compulsive disorder, I guess that's what you would call it. I buy vintage musical instruments when I find them. I have this one right now that I am interested in understanding. It's vintage 60's or 70's Granada 12 string guitar. It says Granada model no# Japan That's it. And the model no# was never added. I want to know what that means. Why wouldn't it have the model number on it? It is for sure old. It has a lot of pearl in lay on the arm. Light wood on the front, like a natural wood, then dark on the sides and back, except for a V like strip down the back, with the natural wood in the inside V. The dark has the grain like walnut. It's real ornate and decorative. Leather case and all. It looks 60's or 70's and I should know, I was around then. LOL Can anyone tell me what it could be worth? Thank you all for your help, I've been reading some of the post. You all seem to be real smart with guitars, I feel this is going to be the most helpful place to start! Thank you, Debra Ps can you post pictures on this site?
Yes, you can post pictures. They need to be hosted elsewhere and you embed the link with the help of the icon that looks like a landscape at the top of the box that holds your text. There are stickie posts at the top of the forum that go into more detail if needed..

Pics would help someone here help you get more information.

Welcome to the AGF!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:53 AM

A little research revealed that your Granada was probably built by Matsumoko in the 70s. Matsumoko also built badged guitars for Epiphone, Yamaha and many, many more. Quality should be reasonable, but as for value your guess is as good as mine-but I wouldn't start cruising through that Ferrari brochure yet!
Old 12-23-2013, 08:03 AM

It is my understanding that Granada was imported by Gretsch during the 1970s. They were built at the Fugi Gen Gakki factory which also made Ibanez, Lyle and others as well as Fender electrics in the early 1980s.

I have never played a Granada but the fact that these guys also made Ibanez and got the Fender contract does say something.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
12 string, granada, japan, vintage acoustic