The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 08-19-2014, 05:19 PM
AGF Sponsor

Let me echo Ryan's gratitude guys.
Richard, always value your input, and if you make it to Trevor's to play this one, would love to get your take on it.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods
Old 08-20-2014, 02:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshboy View Post
Let me know if you're going down, Robbie, and I'll meet you there. You can play and I can listen I've really liked each of Steve's that I've played. Unfortunately I haven't played an FS yet - the last one sold before I got to play it.
HI Richard,

I am very tempted to go down today, which I know is a bit short notice for you. I am supposed to be finishing packing up ready for my move back to Bradford On Avon next week, but today is the only day left really for me to visit TAMCO for one last time. I only live just over an hour away now, but cannot see myself getting down very often once I move (though I will be nearer to Swansea if you ever fancy meeting up?)

I'll let you know if I do go,

Robbie
Old 08-20-2014, 02:22 PM

Well, I finally got down to play this today. I must have played it solidly for about 20 minutes before stopping (and even then only because Trevor wanted to try the burglar alarm!)

What a beautiful sounding guitar. As soon as Trevor started tuning it up to pitch I could tell that this was a very punchy guitar with superb projection.

The sign of a good guitar is if it lets you explore often played pieces with a new vigour, and this was the case with this lass (with that wonderful purple trim I definitely feel she is of the fairer sex!) There is a piece of mine called 'Summer Rain' which I can't really imagine being played on any other guitar than the one I wrote it on. But this guitar got me thinking of new ways to phrase things. Harmonics rang out a lot more cleanly. Phrases were well balanced across the strings.

The dynamics were superb- it could go from the quietest whisper to a thunderous full on assault with absolute ease.

Oh, she is also very, very beautiful. Someone is going to be very happy with this little lass.

Robbie
Old 08-20-2014, 02:46 PM
AGF Sponsor

Wow Robbie! I wish you could have given a better review. Actually, it's very rewarding and humbling that you would be willing to play and report on this guitar. (Editor's note: Contrary to how it must seem, we did not pay nor ask Robbie for these kind words) Nothing makes us happier to have someone enjoy something that we have built. You've put a smile on our faces today.

Thanks so much.

Kinnaird Guitars - from the oldest town in Texas
Old 08-20-2014, 04:10 PM
AGF Sponsor

Wow, Robbie, did you say all these good things to Trevor?
We really appreciate the time you spent traveling down to TAMCO, and kicking the tires on this little lass.
And like Ryan, I am truly grateful for the good report.

Steve

Crafted in the Piney Woods

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop