The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 AM

Default Some right hand exercises

I came up with these to help strengthen my finger independence on my right hand. The idea is to go slow and steady (ignore the suggested tempo in the tab), use a metronome! Make sure every note is even and clear.

Note that this is not a musical exercise and it is also pretty exhausting so don't overdo it. I recommend doing it around 10 minutes every day, sort of like a mini workout routine.

The tabs should be pretty clear I think. The first one is the complete segment, then you do it again but change the order of fingers. The second tab is the same (with shortened examples) but it is triplets with thumb and 2 fingers. The last one is the same thing inversed, for this you move the other fingers beside the thumb.

T=thumb
I=index
M=middle
A=anonymous? (is it called that?)

If you have any feedback or suggestions feel free to post here. I'll probably add some left hand exercises later.

Old 08-01-2013, 01:02 PM

Thanks! I really have to work on finger dexterity.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write