The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 07-25-2013, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonPR View Post
You have a rare and fine taste...

Personally, I'd recommend October Song. Open D tuning, capo 4.
Bob Dylan called it the best song he'd heard on the scene at that time.

If you like them, you'd probably like Nick Drake and John Martyn too. (While I love the ISB, at least the early albums, Drake and Martyn are more accessible, easier to get a handle on playing their stuff.)
Oh I can play October Song, one of my fav a bit simpler to play than their other songs (not that I can play many of their songs), but I really like the melody. Reminds me of Forever by Roy Harper.

Wish I could sing... I could play a bigger variety of songs at the open mics I've been going to. Still new to performing and all that!

Oh yeah love the Drake. To be honest, I haven't heard much of John Martyn, he's also on my list of "got to listen to".

Right now I'm just trying to polish up on the songs I know so I don't make so many mistakes when playing.
Old 07-27-2013, 06:12 AM

Oh, and nobody's mentioned Nic Jones yet...
Old 07-27-2013, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u38cg View Post
Oh, and nobody's mentioned Nic Jones yet...
Well I learned some of Canadee I O, but I put it on hold because I'm trying to learn more songs on standard/dropped D for performances

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write