The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-23-2007, 07:54 AM
Qui Plantavit Curabit

Default Cool Experience

Thought I'd share this and see if anyone else here has had any similar experiences that encourage your songwriting.

I know we have a lot of budding songwriters and people who record their own music here. And many of us have made independent CD's for commercial release. I've had some minor success with some radio airplay and when I perform I rarely do any covers, opting to play my own material and so far it's been well received and I manage to usually draw a respectable audience.

But I recently had an experience that really put the icing on the cake for me.

I was playing to full house and looked out in the middle of a song and had a couple of folks in the audience singing along . . . singing one of my songs. I took it as a high compliment, that it made enough of an impression and they liked it enough to remember the lyric and sing along. ( and NO - it wasn't my wife or my mother )

It's something that I'll always remember but I fear it's like applause - the more you get the more you want !

"A general dissolution of principles and manners will more surely overthrow the liberties of America than the whole force of the common enemy."
--Samuel Adams

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell