The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-15-2007, 04:17 PM

Default Clips on YouTube and Video Recording

I recently put some clips up on YouTube from a dvd someone had recorded of a recent performance (link is in my new space-saving sig below ). It's now prompted me to do some more at home Any recommendations for a digital video camera with a stereo mic input?
Old 08-18-2007, 08:27 AM

Default depends...

...on if you're looking for real quality sound or just decent sound.
Most small video cameras have built in stereo mics, and the sound is pretty good (depending on wind, outside noises and people talking around you) but if you're just in your living room, then it would be all right if you weren't too far away. Don't forget a tri-pod.
I've done a lot of videos where I record the song in good quality and then, using Windows Movie Maker on the laptop, add the video with me lip-syncing the song. You can check some of them out if you want. I have the links on my site, and I use both Youtube and Soundclick.

www.johnfern.com
Old 08-18-2007, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John99 View Post
...on if you're looking for real quality sound or just decent sound.
Most small video cameras have built in stereo mics, and the sound is pretty good (depending on wind, outside noises and people talking around you) but if you're just in your living room, then it would be all right if you weren't too far away. Don't forget a tri-pod.
I've done a lot of videos where I record the song in good quality and then, using Windows Movie Maker on the laptop, add the video with me lip-syncing the song. You can check some of them out if you want. I have the links on my site, and I use both Youtube and Soundclick.

www.johnfern.com
Didn't realise that was an option. So if I record an .avi file via my digital camera and record the sound separately, I can synch them up via Windows Movie Maker? That sounds great!

Thanks.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:59 AM

Default yes,

all you have to do is mute the original sound after you add the new audio.
Your guitar playing is awesome, by the way. Very good!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:28 AM
Get off my lawn kid

We recently bought a Sony DCR-DVD308. It has 5.1 surround sound. I haven't tested it out on guitar playing though, just my son's baseball games.

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Alvarez AP66SB, Seagull Folk

Aria {Johann Logy}:

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell