The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
heros57

Default My new Band's website

How do I get google and other search engines to find me ? Check out the Band guys and gals...Thanks,,Don

www.drivesouthband.com
Old 08-22-2007, 01:42 PM

Thanks Don..very nice site....... you guys sound great!

mesa
Old 08-22-2007, 01:46 PM

The more often you update it, the higher on the list of Google results your site will fall.

I've found that since I've been updating my calendar on my site regularly, I've been consistently the #1 hit on Google if you type in my name

That which is good or great makes itself known, no matter how loud the clamor of denial. -- Theodore F. MacManus

I've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell -- Christopher Walken
Old 08-22-2007, 02:43 PM

wow Don, I love you guys music.....................makes you want to dance a jig!!!!!!!!!!!!................keep up the good work, oh and nice website........
Old 08-23-2007, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heros57 View Post
How do I get google and other search engines to find me ? Check out the Band guys and gals...Thanks,,Don

www.drivesouthband.com
Don. Google uses different things to determine where you rate on their pages. The first thing I notice is that in your code you have what are called META TAGS but the description and the keywords are empty. When someone does a search on any search engine, the engines use the META TAGS to match up webs sites with the search request.

Yours is:
<html>
<head>
<title>DRIVE SOUTH - Home</title>
<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
<meta name="description" content="">
<meta name="keywords" content="">

Try adding something like:
<meta name="description" content="Drive South Band">
<meta name="keywords" content="Live Music, Acoustic Music, Weddings, Party Band etc etc">

Think of anything that you would type in if you were looking for a band like yours. Your web site designer should have sorted this out with you. This is what I use:

<META name="description" content="Dancin' Easy - live band, live music for weddings, receptions and functions in Gloucestershire, Avon, Oxfordshire, Herefordshire, Wiltshire">
<META name="keywords" content="Dancin' Easy, wedding band, bands, weddings, live music, functions, entertainment, Gloucestershire, Avon, Somerset, Oxfordshire, Herefordshire, wedding reception, Dancineasy, Dancing Easy, dancin easy, dancineasy, dancin' easy">

Another thing is links in to and out of your site. We have links going to other sites and links from sites coming it to us. The search engine "spiders and bots" (don't ask!) crawl all over the net and follow links to sites and then keep them in their sights. Also, as mentioned, keep changing the content as the spiders see that (calendar or news page is good for this).

Finally, register your site with the search engines. Each one will tell you how to do it.

This is all a very top level view of what you can do. Big corporations spend thousands of dollars each month to keep themselves at the top of the search engines. Also bear in mind that it could take up to 6 months for a lot of this to happen. Good luck.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:53 AM
Charter Member

Cool site and Cool Band Name. Seeya in court, Sonny!!
Old 08-23-2007, 10:29 AM

The key to getting hits was stated above...update. When I update I get hundreds of hits a day. I took the summer off and now I am down to 90 a day.

You can go to a place like WebCeo and download for free their software. With WebCeo you can submit you site to hundreds of search engines with a couple of clicks...again, it is all free.

Metatags..so-so...they say they are important, but I have pages with no meta-tags that a my most visited...it is all in the UPDATES.

Hamer Korina Artist
Hamer Daytona
Martin 000-28EC
Cordoba 1a Flamenco
Fender American Vintage Tele 52 RI

DIY Home
Old 08-23-2007, 10:42 AM

Where are the song clips on your website? I can't seem to find any, but it seems like Louie did, so obviously I am missing something.
Old 08-23-2007, 01:15 PM
heros57

Default Thanks for the advice....

The music should start as soon as the site loads . The player is at the bottom left of the home page . Thanks for all the comments and advise ,,Don
Old 08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
heros57

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive-south View Post
Cool site and Cool Band Name. Seeya in court, Sonny!!
Why don't I just write you a check .. Average settlement is 64000.00
or as Homer would say....DOH!
Old 08-23-2007, 01:44 PM

Most excellent, just posted on your site.

Carolina in the Pines is wonderful, hope you guys go far!!

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell