The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell

Old 08-21-2007, 07:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParleyDee View Post
Aaaaagh I think I know your organ player, he was still wanting to gig in lime, orange and purple in 2000.
Oh, that wouldn't be him. Although it's hard to imagine, our colors were very tasteful and understated! Well, as understated as you can get in paisley dayglo.

stuff

The future's uncertain and the end is always near.
Jim Morrison
Old 08-21-2007, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern View Post
Ah, that's what I was getting at.
Sometimes, the clothes puts one into mood and gives an impression to the audience, a caring attitude, if you will.
Yup... some people have a "keep it real" attitude and wear a ratty tshirt or something. I think that can work in SOME settings but not in most.

On the other extreme, there's the philophy that you should be wearing something where, if you are on break or away from the stage, people should be able to tell you are the entertainment. That doesn't really work for what I and probably most of us do.. - solo acoustic and/or casual band work - but I do think there's something to that idea.

It all depends on the venue and type of music but you should make an effort to look the part.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Show and Tell