The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 10-16-2018, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick-slo View Post
Any tweaks you make in iTunes does not alter the AAC file itself and thus will not carry over to burning a CD. Open your tunes one by one in garage band, tweak the volume level for each individual tune in the DAW, record with the new volume level and save in a folder on your computer. When done use those to burn a CD.
Yes, I was thinking of doing this, but was hoping there was an easier way to just do a lasting volume tweak where I already have them all stored. But, I can certainly do this. Thanks
Old 10-16-2018, 07:12 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcKee View Post
Yes, I was thinking of doing this, but was hoping there was an easier way to just do a lasting volume tweak where I already have them all stored. But, I can certainly do this. Thanks
You can simply do your audio editing (including the song's volume) in Garageband before you export a song.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdelsolray View Post
You can simply do your audio editing (including the song's volume) in Garageband before you export a song.
Thanks, but I need to fine tune them. Have 20 or so tunes and when they play consecutively there's variation that I don't hear on the individual GarageBand file.

I actually just downloaded DSP-Quattro as Doug suggested. Able to load my tunes right from iTunes and looks like it's going to give me exactly what I was looking for.
Old 10-16-2018, 08:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Young View Post
There is software that can help with this, how are you burning multiple tunes to a CD? If the levels are OK per song, you don't have to do anything specific for a CD, but you may be being fooled by not hearing them in sequence as on the CD (guessing). I have used DSP-Quatro as CD mastering/burning software. It basically allows you to line up all your tunes, adjust the time between them, adjust levels per song, add fades, etc. So you can play everything as it will be on the CD and hear what the transitions will be like. What seems OK when listening to an individual song may not sound right when you transition from one to another. Fades and inter-song spacing might also need to be adjusted. There are other programs out there, I'm sure, this is just the one I've used.
Doug, downloaded this, and looks like it is going to do exactly what I need. Thanks much. Mike
Old 10-16-2018, 11:06 PM
Charter Member

You could also use Audacity for Mac to do a simple volume level adjustment. It's free.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 11-02-2018, 01:04 PM

Hi Mike:

Sorry for the late response.
I also record in GB, although I often use Logic for final tweaking etc.

I think that the problem may be file format. I always save to iTunes in AIF (or sometimes WAV) format, rather than AAC. I have never had the problem that you report.

best wishes

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD