The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-30-2018, 04:44 PM

Default NFL Week #4

Pats blowout Fins
5 TDs
and I was lucky to be there to see it in person.

Last edited by AmericanEagle; 10-01-2018 at 07:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 09-30-2018, 07:50 PM

I picked up Tannehill and Grant for my fantasy league since they had been on fire. Doh!

Bengals beat the Falcons on TD pass with seconds remaining.

Cowboys beat the Lions on last second field goal.

Colts go on 4th Down in Overtime and blow it so the Texans win moments later.

Titans convert on 4th Down three times including once in Overtime and beat the Eagles on a last second TD pass.

The games I expected to be exciting were blow outs. The ones I did not think I'd watch turned into extremely close and exiting games. and vice versa.

None more than the Raiders - Browns, which was won by the refs whose atrociously bad calls took a TD from the Raiders and the Browns and reversed the First Down that would have won the game for the Browns, when there was nothing like definitive evidence, to the point the former NFL official working for the network gaped in shock. Every week this year one team did not lose its game due to horrible ref calls. Sigh.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:55 PM

Default NFL Week #4

And Steelers go 1-2-1. Didn’t expect them to lose to the Ravens. The same Bills that beat the Vikings so badly last week got shut-out today. 49rs game was more exciting than I expected. That backup qb has talent, but they need to beef up that secondary. Great football Sunday!
Old 09-30-2018, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1neeto View Post
And Steelers go 1-2-1. Didn’t expect them to lose to the Ravens. The same Bills that beat the Vikings so badly last week got shut-out today. 49rs game was more exciting than I expected. That backup qb has talent, but they need to beef up that secondary. Great football Sunday!
Steelers are going to have a horrible year. They're not that good.
Goodall Grand Concert Cutaway Walnut/Italian Spruce
Santa Cruz Brazilian VJ
Taylor 8 String Baritone
Blueberry - Grand Concert
Magnum Opus J450
Eastman AJ815
Parker PA-24
Babicz Jumbo Identity
Walden G730
Silvercreek T170
Charvell 150 SC
Takimine G406s
Old 10-01-2018, 12:17 AM

The Steelers D is horrendous.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMansGuitar View Post
I picked up Tannehill and Grant for my fantasy league since they had been on fire. Doh!

Bengals beat the Falcons on TD pass with seconds remaining.

Cowboys beat the Lions on last second field goal.

Colts go on 4th Down in Overtime and blow it so the Texans win moments later.

Titans convert on 4th Down three times including once in Overtime and beat the Eagles on a last second TD pass.

The games I expected to be exciting were blow outs. The ones I did not think I'd watch turned into extremely close and exiting games. and vice versa.

None more than the Raiders - Browns, which was won by the refs whose atrociously bad calls took a TD from the Raiders and the Browns and reversed the First Down that would have won the game for the Browns, when there was nothing like definitive evidence, to the point the former NFL official working for the network gaped in shock. Every week this year one team did not lose its game due to horrible ref calls. Sigh.
same with the bengal game- if that fumble/incomplete pass was called right, falcons would of won
Fender Strat Partscaster
Ibanez SR400 EQM bass
Old 10-01-2018, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanEagle View Post
Pats blowout Fins
5 TDs
and I was lucky to be there to see it in person.
Sweet! My coworker drove down from Canada to see the game. Pats needed that one.
Old 10-01-2018, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMansGuitar View Post
Horrible call, but let's not ignore a sure touchdown taken away from the Raiders by the refs on a truly bizarre early whistle on Marshawn. Badly officiated game all 'round.
Old 10-01-2018, 03:52 PM

Oh I am not ignoring that. I just did not want to make too long-winded a post. I mentioned it all over the internet, including my tweets to the NFL lol. And to Kenny Albert, who extolled the "terrific job" the officials did and spoke on how they were the most experienced crew.

He was in absolute Beast Mode and clearly was on his way to a TD. The Carr fumble would have simply balanced that out, karma-wise. But the reversed call, in a year when the League has stressed not overturning field calls without absolute evidence was just too much.

That this mega-billions industry won't employ full-time professional officials is a scandalous tragedy for the integrity of the game. I thought the bogus "not a catch" rules they threw out would have reduced the number of games where the officials had more to do with who won then the teams. But not so far.

I think no one thought the Ravens would go into the Pittsburgh and win. One more reason the Browns' undeserved loss matters a great deal, as the Bengals and Ravens advance.

The Ravens have been my dark horse this preseason. It is looking VERY interesting with the Charges and Saints rebounding.
Old 10-01-2018, 07:29 PM

Long-suffering Bengal fan. Always watch games with a cousin who I'm trying to help be more stoic because at our age - you can't afford to get too upset when stupid happens. And it will happen. Enjoying the ride although it may well be short. Still looking for that first playoff win in a generation.

I saw earlier that Pittsburgh may get Bell back in week 7. I hope the Bengals play them before that. Watch past Bell highlight reals - lots of Bengals taking bad angles and missing tackles. It makes your stripes sad.

Browns are much improved. Baker Mayfield may make some rookie mistakes but he seems to be a player.

Ravens defense isn't as scary as it once was, but I think their receiving corps will get an upgrade soon.

AFC North is a competitive division - any of the four teams can win this one. Yes, even the Browns. No, I haven't been drinking.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:34 PM

Ha! Well they are not getting respect from anyone right now.

I agree the Bengals have bungled the end game for so long it is hard to imagine they won't again. The Bengals do play the Steelers before the Return, if there is a Return, but I don't think there will be.

I think he is going to regenerate his body and play longer as a result, especially after what happened to Earl Thomas. He will be the first in a new age of NFL players who play the owners by taking whole years off to extend their careers, while they are young and not beat up like Beast Mode.

The Ravens have managed to throw wrenches into a lot of seasons, even winning two Super Bowls along the way. That will be interesting.

Big Ben played for my high school, but nothing warms my heart like the Steelers missing the playoffs.

How about Monday Night Football!!!

Mahomes made an MVP play by passing with the wrong hand for a major Third Down conversion in the 4th quarter. Even his Intentional Grounding immediately after saved a sack or fumble from happening. And then he scrambles and throws to almost convert "Second and a Country Mile" and then they go on to make the winning TD.

That being said, the Bronco's coaches lost the 4th quarter much more than KC won it.

There is some karma at work here. Think of all the times Elway ruined home teams' night by doing the impossible in the 4th quarter. Well, they mentioned that Mahomes first win came in Denver, with a major 4th quarter drive. And now here does it again. This could get habit forming!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic