The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 10-01-2018, 05:11 AM
Charter Member

Default Anyone Subscribe to BritBox?

I'm thinking of subscribing but curious about the impressions of those who have.
Old 10-01-2018, 05:34 AM
Charter Member

Hi, hadn't heard of this, but looking at the wiki entry (their own website doesn't tell you much) it gives much of the stuff we get in the UK on I=-player for free (assuming you pay your £150 BBC licence without which you cannot legally receive any TV services).

The BBC and ITV make excellent drama and comedy series ...I can't judge the soaps as they don't interest me.

Personally, whilst I have a Sky account and watch some Sky channel's and lots of US channels like "History" (which of course isn't about history at all), if I didn't have access to BBC channels it wouldn't be worth me having a TV.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:06 AM
Charter Member

Hi Nymuso,
Check out Acorn as well. I've not tried Britbox, but I've had an Acorn subscription for a couple of years. Five bucks a month.

Yes, Andrew, if we lived in the UK and paid our fee, we'd get it with no add on subscription! Here, we get the BBC only on Sunday nights on our Public Broadcast Station.

Optima dies, prima fugit
Old 10-01-2018, 10:17 AM
Charter Member

I subscribe to Acorn and Britbox through Amazon, so that I can use the Amazon Prime App to create a master watchlist and have a single account to pay. Specifically, I totally enjoy Acorn and have for a fairly long period of time. I just added Britbox a couple of months ago to watch Vera and Shetland, but I am discovering there is much I like on the channel.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic