The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 09-24-2018, 12:46 PM

Yuengling Black & Tan models a traditional English Half & Half. Introduced in 1986, Yuengling produced one of the first hand-crafted draft blends to lead this style of American brewing. Black & Tan combines 60% of our popular Dark Brewed Porter and 40% of our Premium Beer to create a brew that is rich and dark in color with hints of caramel and coffee from the dark roasted malts.

One of my favorites -not pricey , like 10 bucks a 12 pack !
Old 09-24-2018, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post
Yuengling Black & Tan models a traditional English Half & Half. Introduced in 1986, Yuengling produced one of the first hand-crafted draft blends to lead this style of American brewing. Black & Tan combines 60% of our popular Dark Brewed Porter and 40% of our Premium Beer to create a brew that is rich and dark in color with hints of caramel and coffee from the dark roasted malts.

What I like about Yuengling is that their product is just good as Sam Adams and they've been at it way longer. I notice in my area about Yuengling is that it is becoming a very ubiquitous draft beer. It's hard to NOT find a place that has it on tap.

And right now I am enjoying a Dogfish Head 90 min IPA (my last can) and a 21st Admendment Brewing Company (CA) IPA called Brew Free or Die.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Burns View Post

A black and tan in a pub is usually half Guinness and half bitter, half and half is half bitter and half of lighter ale, often whatever IPA is on draught.
Old 09-25-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magirus View Post
A black and tan in a pub is usually half Guinness and half bitter, half and half is half bitter and half of lighter ale, often whatever IPA is on draught.
Hmmm...I never thought to make one with an IPA. Last time I did it was Harp and Guinness. I got one of those special spoons to make them. I'm not very good at it.
Old 09-29-2018, 09:40 AM

A little late to the party but here's a few suggestions: From San Francisco - Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter. And from Oregon - Rogue Dead Guy Ale and their Chocolate Porter.
Old 09-29-2018, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseAdi View Post
A little late to the party but here's a few suggestions: From San Francisco - Anchor Steam and Anchor Porter. And from Oregon - Rogue Dead Guy Ale and their Chocolate Porter.

All great brews.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseAdi View Post
Love Dead Guy. My local has bombers in the cold case with the 40's

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic