The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 11-13-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveh View Post
This time last year I'd played none. A year on and I've played several (including Chris').

I've been very impressed by them: Very "woody" sounding guitars vs that "string" thing that so many modern USA builders have going on (sweeping generalizations here boys). Although they look a lot like a Sobell (the body arching is very pronounced), they sound quite a bit "looser" to me, in a good way. I'd really like to spend quite some time with one at home.

You'd be interested Richard, given that you have a Sobell.

Cheers,
Steve
I hope to have an opportunity soon to play one. I've noticed the arched top. I must say that I absolutely love my Sobell New World. I haven't had the opportunity to play much for a while, but I dug out the NW the other day and it put a broad smile on my face. Wish it had a narrower neck though

I'm looking forward to trying a Brondel.

Bourgeois JOM custom - Adirondack/koa
Brook OM custom (maybe!) - Bubinga/Sitka
Lowden F 25th anniversary model - European/Brazilian
David Oddy J - Englemann/Brazilian
David Oddy mandocello - European spruce/flame maple
David Oddy A4 mandolin

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop