The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2021, 07:06 PM

Default 1983 Aria LW10

Anyone own one of these? Made in Japan 1983. It has all lamimated wood, top,back, sides. Neck is solid Mahogany, and chunky profile, like a '70's Martin neck.

When I got it, there were 3 braces that needed glued and clamped, and I replaced the plastic saddle with tusq. I didn't expect much from the tone, but it really has a nice tone from all the strings and a good feel to it. Never had a laminate wood guitar that sounds so good, could be similar to the construction of the Yamaha guitars / Epiphones made in Japan in '70's.

My audience (last pic) seems to like it too

Old 01-23-2021, 09:07 PM

No but I have a 1970 Aria A-560 classical. It is hard to tell for sure but I think the back and sides are laminate. If so it is an excellent job and it is one of the best sounding guitars I have ever played.
Old 01-23-2021, 09:20 PM

I've never owned an Aria acoustic but had a Les Paul copy, was a nice guitar. Like your idea on the tusq saddle. Good tone and probably bullet proof. I'm right there with your audience.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion