The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write

Old 10-05-2017, 11:33 PM

Default Dan Tyminski's Road to Nash Vegas

Anyone got a handle on this one? A very catchy instrumental; kinda bluesy, kinda like a fiddle tune crossed with a county blues. Key of E (Drop-D, capo on 2), the blues is riffing around in E using a lot of open bass drone, then the bluegrassy lines are played out of D position going to A and G with fiddle-like connectors...

Anyway its a cool tune toward my main goal: entertaining both the listener and myself. I'm trying to get a cover version worked up.

He tells a funny story about where the tune came from on one video; starts at 4:00 so fast forward. Has some good hand shots:https://youtu.be/UnNOZZQ3GQU

Edit to add looks like a SM-81 condenser on the soundhole, not sure about the others. Hmm also noticed he's capo'd on 3 not 2, but on the Crossroads DVD with Ron Block he plays it capo 2.

Last edited by jawjatek; 10-06-2017 at 11:19 AM. Reason: YT embed no worky...
Old 10-06-2017, 02:01 AM
Charter Member

How's this?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > PLAY and Write