The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 04-09-2014, 04:15 PM

Default guitar center of Spain

Does anyone here know if there is a town in Spain that is a center for luthiers or small guitar factories? I love to travel and Spain is a place I've always wanted to go. I'd hate to go and miss the guitar center if there is one. Thanks, Danny Gray
Old 04-09-2014, 05:47 PM

perhaps this blog will help.

http://jcclarkukuleles.wordpress.com...iers-of-spain/
Old 04-10-2014, 05:09 AM

Default lutiers of Spain

Thanks mc1. Very interesting blog. The way this guy accidentally finds builders reminds me why I love to travel. Mark Twain summed up the best thing about travel in one wordISCOVERY! I've built a few steel string instruments And I'd like to build a classical guitar someday. I don't know the difference between classical and flamenco. Guess I' better learn that first. Thanks again, Danny Gray
Old 04-11-2014, 01:46 AM
Charter Member

Location: Carson City, Nv (Want a jackrabbit? We've got extras!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan of SC View Post
Does anyone here know if there is a town in Spain that is a center for luthiers or small guitar factories? I love to travel and Spain is a place I've always wanted to go. I'd hate to go and miss the guitar center if there is one. Thanks, Danny Gray
I was in Granada for a few weeks in 2004. I happened upon a luthier in the Albycin district. I'm sure there are more. The music shops had many guitars. Flamenco guitar is a big part of the culture.

In the night you hide from the madman
You're longing to be
But it all comes out on the inside
Eventually

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop