The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 PM

Default Question About My MIJ Fender Strat

All,

I have a MIJ Fender Strat that, based on the serial number, was built between 1989-1990. I don't really know much about the guitar, which I received as a gift when I was in high school. One of the things I've always loved about the guitar is the fact that I've never had any issues with it going out of tune. I asked a guy at a local guitar store a while back if he knew what type of material the nut is made from. He thought it is a bone nut, but that seems too good to be true. I've done some research on these guitars, but can't seem to find a definite answer on this. Does anyone know anything about the nuts on the MIJ Strats that were made during that timeframe?
Old 10-12-2011, 12:54 PM

They are very hard plastic on all of my MIJ Strats and Teles from 1988 on. Al least that's what they appeared to have been when I replaced them with bone.

Seagull CW w/Baggs M1 pickup...National Vintage Steel Tricone...SWR California Blonde Amp

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification