The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-30-2011, 06:00 PM

Default 21(or more) fret 000+- acoust. guitar luthiers/manf?

Hoping to buy a quality 000+- size acoustic cutaway with 22 frets, balanced warm tone and impressive sustain for less than $2,750. Suggestions for luthiers/manufacturers? I’ve heard of Peter Sawchyn. Guitargal.com is presently listing a Galloup (Great Lakes) which actually has a 23rd fret for the top e string & 22 frets at the e & B. Both Sawchyn and Galloup are out of my price range (suggestions for how to find them more affordably?)

It’s not clear to me whether or not Martin’s Ms typically come (or perhaps previously came) with 22 frets. Any opinions on expectations for how they sound/play?

Santa Cruz’s H is 21 frets (their literature says 22 frets, but I phoned to check and the last fret wire closes off the 21st fret -- a used Santa Cruz H might be to my price range).

Thanks for any and all input.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
cutaway, hstudio, omc, ooo