The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 09-24-2020, 11:57 AM

Default Aspen DR-35 Acoustic guitar set. #35750313

I just bought an Aspen DR-35 that is in very good condition. It has gold Grover tuners and it had a plastic saddle and nut. The saddle had been shimmed up and was cracked in two in the middle. The nut had a chip by the high E string. I’ve removed both of them and am making bone replacements.
At on time someone had placed a strap pin on the back side of the neck opposite the twelfth fret.
They also had a non working sound hole pickup that they had drilled the end pin and then put a screw type strap pin next to it. I’m going to make a mahogany plug for the hole and varnish it over and then drill and install a new strap pin through the plug.
The fret board is in very good condition as are all the frets. The bridge also is in good condition with no evidence of lifting.
There are just a few “dings” anywhere else on the body or neck. The finish is wonderful for the age of the guitar.
The gold foil label inside the sound hole on the back is in excellent condition. The guitar came in what I believe to be the original case that has an embossed treble cleft on the top. The original handle has been replaced but other than that, it’s in very good usable condition.
After the work I’ve said is to be done I will be considering selling the guitar. What might be worth?

Old 09-24-2020, 12:05 PM

https://www.amazon.com/photos/groups...bthyZBuwg9YGy0

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion