The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-27-2020, 07:07 AM
Charter Member

It seems the GT is everything the GS-Mini was not for real guitar people. Larger size, all-solid wood build, wider nut, and bigger sound...even though that comes with a considerably higher price point. I'd be interested in seeing the sales figures of this model vs. those of the GS-Mini from here on out.
Old 10-27-2020, 01:58 PM

Beautiful guitar and great playing!

Still, I have a 214ce DLX, not sure why to get this. If I play one, I probably will want one.

Still, intriguing.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:15 AM
Charter Member

Jeremy, I agree with your assessment. Nice guitar, but overpriced. I would happily pay 600-800 for an Asian model, but the current sticker price is a stretch. Im keeping mine, as it is a terrific player, for now. Doubt I could ever recoup value on a mass produced model.

Heres my nit-pick of the year however: the case is amazing as others have said, except theres a lack of storage nooks for case candy. The one large pouch is designed to fit a 1” 3-ring binder, which is great, but no separate pockets ir bins for picks, tuners, capos... petty, I know
Guilds
Gibsons
A few others
2020 macbook pro i5 8GB
Scarlett 18i20
Reaper 7
Old 11-18-2020, 09:41 AM

Have you noticed any change in this time of owning the guitar? Any maturity added to its voice?

Does you opinion stand as is?
Old 11-18-2020, 11:47 AM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kliend View Post
Have you noticed any change in this time of owning the guitar? Any maturity added to its voice?

Does you opinion stand as is?
I actually ended up returning this guitar. It wasn't worth the asking price for me. $1,399 for something that only sounds slightly better than a GS Mini just wasn't a price I was willing to pay. A few days ago I played a GS Mini Plus at my local guitar shop and thought it sounded better than the GT.
Old 11-18-2020, 11:55 AM
AGF Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
Jeremy, I agree with your assessment. Nice guitar, but overpriced. I would happily pay 600-800 for an Asian model, but the current sticker price is a stretch. Im keeping mine, as it is a terrific player, for now. Doubt I could ever recoup value on a mass produced model.

Heres my nit-pick of the year however: the case is amazing as others have said, except theres a lack of storage nooks for case candy. The one large pouch is designed to fit a 1” 3-ring binder, which is great, but no separate pockets ir bins for picks, tuners, capos... petty, I know
There's a separate smaller zipper mesh pocket inside the main pouch. But still, I prefer the smaller accessory compartment inside of hard cases.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion