The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 09-10-2017, 05:07 AM

Default Acoustic and Resonator setup?

I play a few acoustic gigs, and use a Southern Jumbo with the standard pickup into a Baggs Para DI and my Resonator withe a Lace Slim pickup goes into a (don't laugh) Roland Micro Cube and from there to the PA because I like the Reso a bit dirty and tremolo on it. Is there an easier way? I was thinking about something like the Baggs Venue for both guitars, as it also has a tuner on board as well as a boost...and maybe add a tremolo pedal...any suggestions for a simple setup?
Old 09-10-2017, 05:23 AM

Make a pedal board. Have your ParaDI, a tremolo, a tuner, some kind of blues driver (I use a tube pre- to both power my ParaDi and to get some tube grit) and any other effects you want.
Old 09-10-2017, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
Make a pedal board. Have your ParaDI, a tremolo, a tuner, some kind of blues driver (I use a tube pre- to both power my ParaDi and to get some tube grit) and any other effects you want.
So both guitars go through the Para DI? There is a significant difference in output between the two. The Reso is much lower and maybe would need different eq'ing? The Venue seems a bit more user-friendy to adjust on the fly...
Old 09-10-2017, 12:30 PM

If you go the pedal board route, you could use an A-B-Y switch/pedal and run the one guitar though the DI and bring the other one in at the tube pre.

I have a Zoom G3X and as cool as it is, I prefer using my pedal board. I run acoustics and electrics alike through it. They all go through the ParaDI and I get lots of compliments on my tone whether going into the front of my tube amp, or direct to a pa.

If the Venue works for you, I'd say go for it, but a pedal board works well for me.
Old 09-11-2017, 03:07 AM

Thanks might give some options a try

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification