The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-13-2013, 12:30 PM

Default Granados Guitars..

I am new to the forum.. some really good stuff in here.. my question is. anyone heard of Granados guitars.. made by Esteve? I have a C-537N. in perfect condition and plays and sounds wonderful.. In passing i mentioned it and now couple of stores trying to buy it from me.. anyone have any idea what its worth or where to find out.. thanks guys.

Jim
Old 12-13-2013, 08:29 PM

not one reply? is this thing on??
Old 12-13-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Picker View Post
not one reply? is this thing on??
Patience grasshopper.

I did some googling and read a post stating that even Ron Fernandez doesn't know much about the Granados Esteve guitars from years past. Ron has been the main distributor of Esteve classical guitars for quite some time.

From what I've read, the Granados Esteve guitars were the predecessors to the current Esteve line. Mid-level, Spanish shop-built guitars.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:32 AM

Location: New Zealand, South Island, way down toward the bottom!

Someone else will undoubtedly have actual information instead of my made up answer, but I found a lot of links in Spanish and French that give pricing for esteve granados new (didn't see your model number in my quick search): http://www.twenga.fr/guitare-classique-esteve.html for example. Prices don't appear to stray over the 500euro mark, but I suppose a rare antique made by an unknown luthier might bring in a boatload, in the right crowd. If you can't get any more information on the Internet, and you're definitely interested in selling, find a dealer who isn't in the running at all, and who can be trusted, and ask for a frank appraisal of the brand/model (condition won't be an issue at this stage) - if the shops that are making you offers are way above or below the ballpark or qualitative answer you can get from a trustworthy shop (and there loads of those), you may be able to determine a course of action. But if it's just a beautiful guitar that plays and sounds fantastic, why not keep it?
Old 12-19-2013, 03:23 PM

thank you guys.. i really appreciate the feed back.. kinda know what it is or isnt now.. It is a beautiful guitar.. but i have too many.. wife says thin the herd out.. i play my manuel rodriguez the most.. thanks again for your input.. have a great afternoon..

Jim

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical