The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 12-06-2013, 05:32 PM
Musical minimalist

the 2CWE is basically the same model with lam back and sides I believe - there are tons of those on the used market.

Old 12-06-2013, 06:09 PM

Larry, if you go to DelCamp, there are listings: "Archives of Classical Guitars for Sale" on the intro page. You can find some interesting listings there from time to time. Good luck!
Old 12-06-2013, 09:04 PM

I don't think that the particular Ramirez (4CNWE) can be characterized as High End guitar. Its their best student model. I own the discontinued model which was replaced by the 4NE, the 4E. Its a good guitar for 2000$ ..3000$ is too much IMO.
I believe though that they make this cutaway model without the electronics.

Last edited by Paikon; 12-06-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:30 PM

Larry, please give Rich Sayage a call, he has a few things that may interest you and he usually has a line on things available.

http://savageclassical.com/
Old 12-06-2013, 11:07 PM
Humanist

All good info...again, thanks!

Rich Sayage and I go back a ways, with our mutual friend El McMeen. I called Rich yesterday, haven't heard back from him.

Ramirez does NOT make the cutaway models without electronics, and I *do* hate the barn-door stuff. It's good to know that the $3100+ price is a "not worth it" kind of deal...not that I'd spend that much on *that* particular guitar.

The problem w/the Delcamp FS page is that the headers don't often tell me it's a cutaway guitar...you have to know the model names in advance...sort of a waste of time opening hundreds of threads to find the one guitar!

I'm still optimistic...!
100 Greatest Acoustic Guitarists

Steel-string guitars by Rebecca Urlacher and Simon Fay
Classical guitars by Anders Sterner
Old 12-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Humanist

Update:

I pulled the trigger on this pre-owned guitar that Rich Sayage had in-stock.

The nut is not what I wanted, but the rest of the neck/fingerboard geometry seemed to be in-order for the way I look at things. At the very least, it will provide rather valuable info for a custom-build. Finally.

I'll have the guitar early next week, and I'll try to provide a further update.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:52 PM

Congratulations Larry on your new guitar. Its a beauty. I have almost the identical model but mine's is a Cedar top. Now that you have chosen the guitar, your next step is to find the right strings. Judging by the way you play (I have seen your Youtube videos), I am guessing either hard tension or extra hard tension strings with titanium trebles may suit you best. Give the D'addario Pro Arte Dynacore strings a try, code # EJTT44.

regards,
Luke
Old 12-08-2013, 01:24 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Pattis View Post
Update:

I pulled the trigger on this pre-owned guitar that Rich Sayage had in-stock.

The nut is not what I wanted, but the rest of the neck/fingerboard geometry seemed to be in-order for the way I look at things. At the very least, it will provide rather valuable info for a custom-build. Finally.

I'll have the guitar early next week, and I'll try to provide a further update.
That looks promising, Larry! I'd love to know your thoughts on it when it arrives.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:28 PM
Humanist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lfoo6952 View Post
Congratulations Larry on your new guitar. Its a beauty. I have almost the identical model but mine's is a Cedar top. Now that you have chosen the guitar, your next step is to find the right strings. Judging by the way you play (I have seen your Youtube videos), I am guessing either hard tension or extra hard tension strings with titanium trebles may suit you best. Give the D'addario Pro Arte Dynacore strings a try, code # EJTT44.

regards,
Luke

Thanks for this, Luke.

Extra-hard, likely...I have one set of Hannabach carbon trebles (med-high tension, their only CF trebles) and super-high-tension 815 (silver special) bass strings sitting here from a previous lifetime, it seems.

After that, I am going to be relying on advice/info from experienced-players...since my knowledge of classical strings is several steps below minimal. Non-existant describes it best, perhaps.

Last edited by Larry Pattis; 12-08-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 04:06 PM

Hannabach strings are very high tension strings. Their medium are other brands high tension. So their super high tension are the hardest strings there are regardless brand.

815 are fine strings and I play mediums while I play hard tension on other brands.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical