The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 02-06-2011, 12:07 PM
Formerly Yamaha Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimar Yestra View Post
this is getting confusing... obviously I didnt read the rules. woops

so when is someone promoting themselfs??

Am I promoting myself by posting a build thread of one of my guitars? Or by posting a link to my website in the signature??

I consider myself a beginning luthier, I do own a handmade guitar comany etc.. and this is not ment to promote myself in a subtle way. I hardly make a living from my guitars (not at all actually) and I dont consider people who visit the forum as potential customers. I see this as a way to get serious input on y guitars etc, and also for those who are interested in guitars.

so where do we draw the line??
I volunteer/get paid low low scratch for my guitar festival photographs. I do them because they are fun and I dig hanging in the back stage. I am a Portrait Photographer by trade. I was told when I was a non - sponsor to pull the link to my photography. When I sponsored I cleared my photography link with the powers that be
I was told at the time the only non sponsor links is to your music or your Musical agenda web sites. So, yep. Your breaking the rules.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitchen Guitars View Post
I volunteer/get paid low low scratch for my guitar festival photographs. I do them because they are fun and I dig hanging in the back stage. I am a Portrait Photographer by trade. I was told when I was a non - sponsor to pull the link to my photography. When I sponsored I cleared my photography link with the powers that be
I was told at the time the only non sponsor links is to your music or your Musical agenda web sites. So, yep. Your breaking the rules.
AAh I see, I removed it, I hate to be a rule breaker.

Sooo am I still allowed to post my builds in Customshop? I dont want to piss off people
Old 02-06-2011, 02:29 PM

Gimar, from the AGF FAQ

Quote:
Commercial Links: The AGF strictly prohibits commercial links in signatures and profiles. The only commercial links we allow are from Sponsors. However, we do make an exception when it comes to guitar builders (luthiers), individual artists or band links.
I believe a link to your website is OK. This has changed over the years. IMHO the AGF is a friendly place, for players and builders. I suspect it will always remain that way. I'm a sponsor to help support a community I'm a long time member of. Most of my clients are local anyway.
Old 02-06-2011, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackett Instruments View Post
Gimar, from the AGF FAQ

I believe a link to your website is OK. This has changed over the years. IMHO the AGF is a friendly place, for players and builders. I suspect it will always remain that way. I'm a sponsor to help support a community I'm a long time member of. Most of my clients are local anyway.
thank you for clearing that up, and sorry for being to lazy to read those things myself hehehe
Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 AM

If this is the case, I'd like to see Andrew Gallagher be made a sponsor in honor of his father and (Andrew's) work.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:53 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

I've changed the name and description.
"Build and Repair
Guitar building, repair, and setup discussions - acoustic and electric, tips and techniques, CAD/CAM, Laser, alternative materials and advanced technology"

What do you think?

Luthiers are encouraged to participate here with or without being sponsors. From the FAQ:
"Commercial Links: The AGF strictly prohibits commercial links in signatures and profiles. The only commercial links we allow are from Sponsors. However, we do make an exception when it comes to guitar builders (luthiers), individual artists or band links."

Regards,
JR
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 AM

Excellent choice of title, JR .

Let's hope that this renamed section experiences a renewed lease of life, and that many of the technical questions which currently appear on the General forum will make their way to "Build and Repair" instead.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop