The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-01-2018, 09:35 AM

Default NAD

Attachment 14697
New Amp Day! Took delivery of this limited edition Super Champ X2 yesterday from Sweetwater. Custom wine red tolex with wheat color grill cloth and an upgraded GreenBack G10 30watt speaker. 24lbs. all in make this the perfect traveling companion for the jam night meet ups and the open mic nights. I had been eyeing this amp for a while and saw no reason to put off buying one any longer. I sold my Peavey Sesson 400 and gave my sonny boy the HotRod DeVille 2x12. I've been purging the heavyweight gear lately. Too much weight to move around these days. This is strictly grab and go! Gotta love it. And by the way, Fender really did an excellent job with their digital modeling. I'm no audiofile snob by any means, but I do know what a good guitar sounds like. This amp sounds better than it has any right too.

Last edited by Chickee; 07-08-2022 at 06:18 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:22 AM

Fender has really been hitting it out of the park with upgraded colours and grille the last couple of years, makes me almost feel a little sorry for those of us stuck with the black and silver. Easy to move and smaller magnet more gentle on the health: nice amp, thanks for sharing.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:32 AM

Hey Jaden, just for giggles, Chicago Music Exchange has/had these amps in Sonic Blue with an upgraded speaker and Reverb has/had these in Sea Foam Green with an upgraded speaker too. I wanted to buy them all like M&M's!!!
Bahahaha. They really are under rated gems with this tube/digital format.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Hey Jaden, just for giggles, Chicago Music Exchange has/had these amps in Sonic Blue with an upgraded speaker and Reverb has/had these in Sea Foam Green with an upgraded speaker too. I wanted to buy them all like M&M's!!!
Bahahaha. They really are under rated gems with this tube/digital format.
Thanks for bringing this model to attention. 24lbs with a greenback! I had a guitar in seafoam that did become tiring to look at over time but on an amp could be really sharp with wheat grille.

On the subject of compact light weight amps I notice the Pro Junior IV lacquered tweed with Jensen P10R speaker at 23 lbs is in stock at my local retailer but your Superchamp is no doubt more versatile.

Last edited by Jaden; 11-01-2018 at 11:23 AM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars