The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 10-11-2018, 06:31 AM

Default Genz Benz Shanandoah LT80. AMP

Just wondering if anyone can tell what these acoustic amps cost new. Mine’s about 2012 and I bought used about 2 years ago. Thanks...
Old 10-11-2018, 07:10 AM

I can tell you that Genz Benz has been out of business for a couple of years now.
Old 10-12-2018, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik99 View Post
Just wondering if anyone can tell what these acoustic amps cost new. Mine’s about 2012 and I bought used about 2 years ago. Thanks...
Cost new was about $550-$600 give or take.

Here's a link to the owner's manual: http://www.genzbenz.com/img/manuals/gb/SHEN80LT.pdf

There is still a flat rate factory service program for your amp. PM me for details if you need it.
Old 10-12-2018, 11:44 AM

GB is now Genzler ( the Genz part) Maybe they / he (Jeff Genzler) can shed some light.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-12-2018, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
GB is now Genzler ( the Genz part) Maybe they / he (Jeff Genzler) can shed some light.
No, this is not true either.

Jeff has a new company (Genzler) that is completely separate from what was Genz Benz (the brand is still owned by KMC Music).

I still handle what's left of the old Genz Benz product support and service as a courtesy to our customers (with the support of the former brand owner's KMC and Fender). I moved onto Mesa Boogie.

Hope this clarifies things.
Old 10-12-2018, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agedhorse View Post
No, this is not true either.

Jeff has a new company (Genzler) that is completely separate from what was Genz Benz (the brand is still owned by KMC Music).

Thanks for correction... last years when talking to Mr G I guess I should have asked when talking about the new acoustic amp.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 10-12-2018, 10:25 PM

Default Thanks guys...

Perfect guys, just what I needed. I’m in Australia and i’m Looking to sell it and had no idea what it’s worth. It’s definitely a really good amp.... thanks.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification