The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-10-2019, 11:50 AM

Default Henriksen the Bud vs Genzler mini

I was just wondering if any one out there has had any chance to play the Henriksen bud or the Genzler array mini Amps and what do you think about them. Appreciate any ones thoughts.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:26 PM

Default Genzler Acoustic Array Mini

I just got an Acoustic Array Mini. I was looking for an amp that would most accurately reproduce the acoustic sound of my guitars. The Genzler works very well. It is very musical and all of the controls are very subtle.

One of the tricks I learned is that many piezo pickups are very hot, so backing off the volume at the guitar to about halfway controls the brittleness and quack pretty well.

The contour knob along with the midrange controls make it easy to dial in a very musical sound - just like your acoustic guitar but louder. That and being judicious with the gain knob helps to produce a nice, acoustic tone.
Old 05-23-2019, 03:48 PM
Charter Member

I auditioned the Bud a while back and was not impressed for an acoustic amp with vocals. It was just okay at best and for the price was no bargain. I have had much better results with the Bose S1.

I had one of the original Genz Benz acoustic amps, the Shenandoah 85. It was a great amp but was very heavy. I'd bet the newer, lighter models are really good as well.
Old 05-23-2019, 06:50 PM

Thanks much for the replies. It has been a while since I posted that thread. I had actually forgotten that I did. I decided to just keep using my Fishman mini for my guitars and picked up a alto trouper for my vocals. Man, for 200 bucks they sound great.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:52 AM

My Genzler stack sounds great. Too bad Genzler gets overshadowed by other brands.
Old 05-24-2019, 07:59 AM

I do not have any experience with the Genzler Array Mini, but I have used the Array Pro. It's the best-sounding, most musical amp I've ever used. I really like my Fishman Mini, but the Genzler is in a different league, in my opinion.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification