The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 06-18-2017, 08:00 AM

Congrats Scott! That's a stunning guitar for sure, Ted's works always look clear and beautiful. Can't wait to see you have it and perhaps a review too!
2021 Buendia OMF Swiss Moon/BRW
2022 Isaac Jang OM
2023 Kraut OO
Old 06-18-2017, 08:04 AM

Ted's guitars are visually and sonically stunning. Congrats.

2014 Pono N30 DC EIR/Spruce crossover
2009 Pono koa parlor (NAMM prototype)
2018 Maton EBG808TEC
2014 Hatcher Greta 13 fret cutaway in EIR/cedar
2017 Hatcher Josie fan fret mahogany
1973 Sigma GCR7 (OM model) rosewood and spruce
2014 Rainsong OM1000N2
....and about 5 really nice tenor ukuleles at any given moment
Old 06-18-2017, 08:59 AM
Music soothes the soul!

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! And if that wasn't enough ... Beautimus!

Congrats!

Like others I'm sure, a review would be fantastic after some time together.

Play on!
Old 06-18-2017, 11:00 AM

Wow.
Firstly, its stunning, as always with Ted's guitars.
Secondly, the cleanliness of his work makes me want to give up guitar building, and then inspires me to keep going at the same time, and it does that EVERY time I see a picture of one of his guitars.

Enjoy this one!

David
Old 06-18-2017, 11:10 AM

A real stunner. Beautiful photos of a perfect guitar.

Looking forward to reading your thoughts when you receive your new instrument.
Old 06-18-2017, 11:25 AM
FKA matthewpartrick :)

Insane level of detail! Congrats.
Old 06-20-2017, 02:42 PM

Many many thanks for the comments....quick update....the guitar was sent out yesterday by Ted and arrived in London at the North American Guitar Company today...Ben is going to set up one of their fantastic photo shoots and also do a video recording of the guitar in action, played by someone with far more talent and ability than myself..

I was hoping to perhaps go down to London and collect the guitar in person but the whole pesky business of work making things awkward to do so...instead once Ben has finished with it they will repack her up and send her on its final stage of the journey.

With no thread to do apart from too add little bits and pieces it is now my turn to start following others again and posting some comments...kind of got sidetracked with work and other things recently and haven't had too much time to indulge in forum surfing.

Take it easy everyone
From a positively tropical Scotland...I had to look out t shirts it was that hot

Scott
Old 06-24-2017, 01:06 AM

After what I'm sure has been quite a wait, you must be getting quite excited at this point. Such a beautiful guitar!
Old 06-24-2017, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottish0177 View Post

Scott

I wish mine had the Gotohs. I thought they were Alessi's when I bought it, but they are Schertlers. They work great and are super smooth, but I'd rather have one of the others. I have a cool set of Antiqued copper Gotohs 510's that would look so good on mine, but I kind of hate to drill holes in the back of the headstock. lol

My YouTube

Facebook

"Only by becoming acquainted with your own self,
can you gain the composure to write original music"

Michael Hedges ♫
Old 07-05-2017, 09:11 AM

HI Scottish0177

Any news ? I have not seen nor heard any new recording at TNAG with your guitar. I can't wait to hear it !

Have you played the guitar yourself ? Do you like it ? Can you tell us ?

Thanks

Avalon Custom Auditorium Fan Fret Sinker Redwood/Ziricote
Furch 34 SR Stahl (custom) - Sitka/EIR
Classical Hanika 58CF - Alpine/Cocobolo
Yamaha LS16 - Engel/EIR
Alvarez MSD1 - Cedar/Mahogany
Breedlove C25 - Cedar/Mahogany
K-Country 1975 - Sitka/Mahogany
upcoming :
Michaud Made OM-R - ARW/ Swiss "moon"
Astrand A-OM - MRW - Euro Bearclaw
Old 07-08-2017, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grosskate View Post
HI Scottish0177

Any news ? I have not seen nor heard any new recording at TNAG with your guitar. I can't wait to hear it !

Have you played the guitar yourself ? Do you like it ? Can you tell us ?

Thanks
Hey again...The guitar arrived safe and sound and is everything I hoped it would be...Always a worry I suppose buying and commissioning unseen,but I needn't have worried as Ted did a fabulous job turning my ideas and my choices into a world class instrument, and although I had an idea of what the guitar was going to look like with so many pictures coming from Ted,it really has surpassed my expectations...the woods are the very highest quality Ted can source and the craftsmanship and sheer tidiness of the build is a real testament to his skills and eye for detail.

I have unfortunately been caught out with the photo bucket debarcle so will be looking tomorrow for a different image hosting site (don't mind paying for this,but photoshops blocking of images could have been handled better by them)...anyway I digress, I will get some pictures up of when the guitar arrived and me cracking open the wonderful Hoffe case for the first time

I have played her,but work has limited my time a bit....I am off for the next week so will be able to get some time with her...however she is sounding great just now...very even across the spectrum and so nice to play and listen too...stay tuned

TNAG have done a recording and a photo shoot and Richard has informed me that these will be going up on their site very soon.

My advice to you on you're build is be honest about what you want, keep in touch with Ted and let him know any ideas or suggestions you have...He was very good with me in keeping me advised on what would Or wouldn't work...although it's you're commission,Ted puts his heart and soul into his work and he isn't going to send out a guitar to you that isn't exactly right in every way.

Don't be a stranger...I'm always floating around on the forum or get in touch direct if you have any questions or want to bounce ideas about

The very best
Scott
Old 07-08-2017, 05:46 PM

Quote:
TNAG have done a recording and a photo shoot . . .
Oh how I hope it's one of Stuart Ryan's shoots!
Old 07-10-2017, 03:56 PM

Hi everyone...apologies if you are looking at this thread and wondering where the images are that match the narrative...Unfortunately caught up in the photobucket fiasco, so have deleted that account and am in the process of re attaching images...A fair few beers later and the process has begun, but will definitely take a few days here and there.

Hey ho!
Old 07-11-2017, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Hi everyone...apologies if you are looking at this thread and wondering where the images are that match the narrative...Unfortunately caught up in the photobucket fiasco, so have deleted that account and am in the process of re attaching images...A fair few beers later and the process has begun, but will definitely take a few days here and there.
No probs; I feel your pain as I had to do this myself for some very recent posts - went to FLIKR.
I have pics on the AGF going back many years. Life is too short to go back and re-up all that lot so I guess they're gone for posterity. I can't imagine this has done a lot of good to Photobucket: Everyone I have spoken to has deleted their account rather than pay their crazy high fees. If it had been a few dollars, I might have paid but not 499.

Anyway, at least your Astrand isn't deleted. I'll be playing a few of his guitars again this coming weekend at a get-together.

Cheers,
Steve
Old 07-11-2017, 06:26 AM

If it had been a fairly distant post i wouldn't have bothered, but because reasonably newish, thought i should at least do Ted the courtesy of re attaching so folks can see his latest work.
Likewise, wouldn't mind paying photobucket something but price way to high and that is per year!...i don't post images elsewhere so not for me.
Hope your get together is great, and fun is had by all.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop