The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 03-28-2013, 06:46 PM

Great site, Jonathan! It looks professional, inviting and well thought out. I also like how easy it was to navigate. From my experience building my own website I can say that it's always going to be a work in progress. They can be time consuming though!

I'm looking forward to seeing the models page up and running. And, as others have said, sound clips would be nice.

Overall I give it a two thumbs up! Nice work!

Joel
Old 03-28-2013, 09:26 PM

Thanks everyone for the input! It's good to know what everyone is looking at/for when visiting a website, and now that i have a better understanding i will do my best to get it updated as soon as i can! when sound clips, models, etc. become available i will keep the site up to date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcmusic7 View Post
Jonathan,

The site looks great! I did have problems loading it on my iPad. The cover page was shifted to the left and your name and custom guitars were cut in half.

Very clean and well designed site though!

Kindly,
Danny
I will try to get a mobile site to enhance the mobile browsing, or tweak the current site to make it all visible through mobile devices...i noticed that as well when i was on my phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymarsch View Post
Jonathan,

Very nice website. I absolutely love your design aesthetic and look forward to the opportunity of playing your guitars soon. Will you be at Healdsburg this year? I hope so.

Best,
Jayne
The plan is to attend Healdsburg this year, not as a presenting luthier but either as a helper to one of the North Texas lutheirs, or just as a spectator, I can only imagine being in a room full of world class luthiers, doubt i will miss it this year! (i might bring a guitar with me )

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeCharter View Post
Very nice website and pictures.

Great idea to post quality pictures of your stash of woods. I'm sure that will help you in selling more instruments.

The only thing missing in my view is a description of the various models -- but I see that you're currently working on that.

Otherwise, it's unfortunate that www.razoguitars.com is already taken (by a not so great website I must say). For a professional site, I would also suggest having someone qualified review the text as there are a few typos.

Nice going!
Funny that you mention this, my friend that was going to build my website actually bought the domain name "razoguitars.com"....unfortunately he never built my site, nor did he renew the domain...alas i just bought a new domain and built the site myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel Stehr View Post
Great site, Jonathan! It looks professional, inviting and well thought out. I also like how easy it was to navigate. From my experience building my own website I can say that it's always going to be a work in progress. They can be time consuming though!

I'm looking forward to seeing the models page up and running. And, as others have said, sound clips would be nice.

Overall I give it a two thumbs up! Nice work!

Joel
Building a site is no joke, its taken so much time to get up and running, time i could be using to be in the shop. None the less its ups and as you can see, i still has TONS of work to do on it!

My models page wont be as amusing as yours! I am going to keep it simple at 3 models, i will update those as soon as the i make the first prototypes!

Thanks everyone been very good, and keep it coming if you have any other ideas, or you can contact me directly!

Jonathan
Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 AM

Default Welcome

Mighty fine looking guitars, some of those rosette , wow... Agree with previous comments of sound clips, always enjoyed music villa, aka Tony's reviews, playing the same examples, strumming, finger picking , features. But like music villa, no offering or talk of Lefties. 10-15% of market, don't leave us out. Best of luck.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 AM

Overall.... all the guitars looked nicely made , but I did not like the gallery much . It's too dark and a bit arty.There is a differenced between nice looking and saleable. If I was going to pay good money for something on the strength of a photo. I would need better photos, showing the whole guitar ,back ,side , fount, and close ups of the details .In fact I would copy Elderly Instruments gallery.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:18 AM
Charter Member

Overall, a really nice website; tasteful, informative and gives a true view into your beautiful work. The only change I would suggest, is better optimization for iPad viewing. Otherwise, the site is terrific.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:04 AM

As others have said, overall good impression.
About you, needs more info and facts. Your qualifications, history, building experience, training etc. I realise this may be difficult, given you are relatively young and early in your career. Be upfront and honest in this respect. Balance it with Testimonials from happy customers.
Soundclips a must, pref with the same pieces of music, different styles of playing.
Gallery needs more pix of previous guitars and all the options you have built to date.
Simple outlines and dimensions of types of models on offer.
Be careful not to overstate what you do/can do with clients.
Definitely need more tonewood choices ( I know you are probably limited with what you can outlay).
Few typos, attention to detail!
Wishing you all the best, glad you have real available tonewoods now for prospective clients. R.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 AM
Charter Member

I know I would be happy to preview any text for grammatical or other errors. I write well and married the Director of English for a local school district, so if you're comfortable, I don't mind editing.

2013 Joel Stehr Dreadnought - Carpathian/Malaysian BW
2014 RainSong H-OM1000N2
2017 Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
2013 Chris Ensor Concert - Port Orford Cedar/Wenge
1980ish Takamine EF363 complete with irreplaceable memories
A bunch of electrics (too many!!)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop