The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 08:59 PM
AGF Sponsor

It looks great, this is something I could see a major manufacturer using on their guitars, but Im sure they would use plastic saddles.
After reading over what I said, I meant this as a complement. It just looks like a company would pay a lot of money to have this kind of thing represented on their guitars.
Also Congrats on the patent!

Last edited by D.Kwasnycia; 06-15-2014 at 07:44 AM.
Old 06-14-2014, 11:44 PM

Kevin, congrats on the patent.

That last neck is just unreal. What a beauty. I'm tempted to ask how you went about creating it but I have decided leave this mystery unsolved in my brain.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovation1 View Post
Really lovely, lovely design. Thanks for posting these, Kevin!
It has a simple function as well. Thanks for commenting.

Kevin.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Kwasnycia View Post
It looks great, this is something I could see a major manufacturer using on their guitars, but Im sure they would use plastic saddles.
After reading over what I said, I meant this as a complement. It just looks like a company would pay a lot of money to have this kind of thing represented on their guitars.
Also Congrats on the patent!
Dennis - thanks, I never took in another way :-). I think form follows function here and they work great. I'm excited to see where this can go. I will have a couple at the Memphis Guitar Festival with these saddles on. Hopefully the players will love it too.

Thx.

Kevin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murray Hunt View Post
Kevin, congrats on the patent.

That last neck is just unreal. What a beauty. I'm tempted to ask how you went about creating it but I have decided leave this mystery unsolved in my brain.
Ha, thanks Murray. That neck is awesome and I've got more like it coming. I'll try to post some here.

Kevin.
Old 06-16-2014, 12:31 PM

Kevin, congratulations on getting the patent. For years I have thought that there must be some way to make a functional adjustable saddle. I am so happy to see this as a reality. I know that some in the past have made adjustable saddles, this one makes the most sense to me. Questions:

1) Are the saddles all alike so that you can order a replacement if you break one or wear it out?

2) How do you feed the strings through the bridge? It almost looks like they go through the back side of the bridge, I just can't tell and am a curious bloke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinLPederson View Post
I am happy to announce that I have been awarded United States Patent No. 8,748,718 for my 'Adjustable Saddle'. I'm honored by this distinction. Now, I need to beat the street and get players hands on this guitar/bridge.

These saddles are machined out of normal saddle/nut bone.

Kevin.

Finally, this is simply awesome!!! I just watched a documentary on Leonardo Da Vinci the other day. I would LOVE to have this neck (and a guitar attached to it) but I am just not at that "custom built" part of life yet.

Old 06-16-2014, 05:28 PM

Carbonius - Yes they would be available as replacement. This bridge is a pinless design. The string ball ends anchor in a little "cup" on the back side. Then the string gets fed out of a little channel.

That is a cool inlay. When you're ready let me know ...

Have a nice day.

Kevin.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Carbonius - Yes they would be available as replacement. This bridge is a pinless design. The string ball ends anchor in a little "cup" on the back side. Then the string gets fed out of a little channel.

That is a cool inlay. When you're ready let me know ...

Have a nice day.

Kevin.
I don't want to get this too far off topic but... I just noticed on your website that you have the above mentioned inlay earmarked for The Last Supper Guitar. Sounds like it will be an AMAZING guitar. Were you planning to put you newly patented bridge on it??
Old 06-17-2014, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
I don't want to get this too far off topic but... I just noticed on your website that you have the above mentioned inlay earmarked for The Last Supper Guitar. Sounds like it will be an AMAZING guitar. Were you planning to put you newly patented bridge on it??
Carbonius - you are not off topic when your talking about my guitar(s) in this thread. I need to update my website, something I'm working on now.

check out pedersoncustomguitars on facebook as I'm able to update that with less hassle. And there are a lot of pics etc.

I can put either a slot saddle or my patented adjustable saddle bridge on it. Since that is an unsold project it tends to get put on the back burner when more sold guitars "get in the way" .

Are you interested in that concept? Be happy to move it forward for you.

Kevin.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:42 AM

That bridge design is extremely clever and remains very organic looking - looks right at home on a fine acoustic guitar.

I'm sure I've commented elsewhere saying this - but your designs and your work are truly breathtaking. I love the inlays you put on the back of the neck. Do you consider that a signature feature? The only times I recall having seen such detail on that part of a guitar have been on your instruments.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Carbonius - you are not off topic when your talking about my guitar(s) in this thread. I need to update my website, something I'm working on now.

check out pedersoncustomguitars on facebook as I'm able to update that with less hassle. And there are a lot of pics etc.

I can put either a slot saddle or my patented adjustable saddle bridge on it. Since that is an unsold project it tends to get put on the back burner when more sold guitars "get in the way" .

Are you interested in that concept? Be happy to move it forward for you.

Kevin.
Interested? OH YEAH! Pragmatically... not now. Unless I have some huge changes, I am years away from such a guitar. If I ever get there, I would certainly get your patented bridge on whatever guitar I would order.

Honestly, that inlay just shocked me and I got ahead of myself. It was one of those, "I have to have that" moments. I don't have much Gear Acquisition Syndrome, but that inlay coupled with your patented bridge got me there!

Your designs in general are something else. They are functional AND beautiful. Putting those two elements together enables one to profit more from their art I believe... as it is easier for husbands to sell the concept to their wives . Seriously though, functional art will profit the artist monetarily and in notoriety, which in turn feeds the monetary.

Enough said. I love your guitars, I am a fan and I hope to own one in the future. Thanks for chatting with me.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBE View Post
That bridge design is extremely clever and remains very organic looking - looks right at home on a fine acoustic guitar.

I'm sure I've commented elsewhere saying this - but your designs and your work are truly breathtaking. I love the inlays you put on the back of the neck. Do you consider that a signature feature? The only times I recall having seen such detail on that part of a guitar have been on your instruments.
MBE - Thank you! I feel the same. At some point, we can move this part of the guitar forward. These saddles make dialing in the intonation a breeze. And after the guitar starts to settle in - as they all will, then the adjustment is more efficient than the status quo. Plus there is a nice flat saddle "footprint" making contact with the bridge.

Yes - I consider back of the neck inlays part of my Signature. I have seen a rectangle or a couple lines back there on some necks, but I think I am probably the first to do intricate stuff like this. I don't think I ever mentioned it, but I did show Jim Olson that neck because I'm only a couple hours away from him. It really tripped him out. He said "Wooo...", and "I can't even imagine how you did that" and a few other things. He is a nice friend and I thought he'd get a kick out of it.

Anyway...yes the bridge saddles are part of my Signature and the back of the neck inlays as well.

I'm going to start an OM thread real quick and possibly another one too - and I think they will have both of these Signatures of mine on them...otherwise just busy...

Glad you enjoy these ideas - if you ever want to talk about your ideas...let me know.

Kevin.
Old 06-17-2014, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbonius View Post
Interested? OH YEAH! Pragmatically... not now. Unless I have some huge changes, I am years away from such a guitar. If I ever get there, I would certainly get your patented bridge on whatever guitar I would order.

Honestly, that inlay just shocked me and I got ahead of myself. It was one of those, "I have to have that" moments. I don't have much Gear Acquisition Syndrome, but that inlay coupled with your patented bridge got me there!

Your designs in general are something else. They are functional AND beautiful. Putting those two elements together enables one to profit more from their art I believe... as it is easier for husbands to sell the concept to their wives . Seriously though, functional art will profit the artist monetarily and in notoriety, which in turn feeds the monetary.

Enough said. I love your guitars, I am a fan and I hope to own one in the future. Thanks for chatting with me.
Carbonius - Thank you for your feedback. There is always a lot of work in these guitars/designs so its nice to hear positive feedback, its even better when someone buys one . So in the future, when your ready, let me know and we'll make something you'll be proud to play and show off.

Kevin.
Old 06-18-2014, 05:12 AM
Charter Member

Wow ... now THIS is what I call a build thread ... amazing work and gorgeous guitar Kevin! I'm glad I didn't see this earlier or I never would have had the nerve to post on this forum ... seriously. A very high bar is set!!!
Old 06-18-2014, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wren View Post
Wow ... now THIS is what I call a build thread ... amazing work and gorgeous guitar Kevin! I'm glad I didn't see this earlier or I never would have had the nerve to post on this forum ... seriously. A very high bar is set!!!
David thanks. You do great work too.

I'm really only trying to push myself, not to compare. I just want to put out a great product with a nice design.

Below is a picture of a guitar headstock, I just sent this off today. I really like this look.

Old 06-21-2014, 12:30 PM

Quote:
David thanks. You do great work too.

I'm really only trying to push myself, not to compare. I just want to put out a great product with a nice design.

Below is a picture of a guitar headstock, I just sent this off today. I really like this look.

Charles Arnold says on facebook about a guitar I just sent him: (quote)This is a truly amazing guitar. Kevin Pederson you have been blessed with hands of a master craftsman. Dynamic and responsive are my favorite words today. Thanks.(end quote).

Charles ordered one of my small bodied arch tops (NSII arch top).

I am working on two new acoustic models/concepts that I'll be posting here in the next couple weeks. These will be guitars I'll be getting ready to take to the Memphis Guitar Festival with me. They will be available.

Kevin.
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop