The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 04-16-2018, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkilgour2000 View Post
I just got the NUX B-2 wireless guitar system last weekend.

I'm happy to report that it worked great with my Taylor ES-2 equipped acoustics (2017 312ce & 2017 322ce).

It worked great with the Taylor GS Mini, which has a Seymour Duncan Mag Mic.

It did not work well with my Taylor 324, with has an LR Baggs Lyric. A high pitched whine was present, no matter what I did. It wasn't feedback, it was a whine.

I did get a couple of very-quick dropouts when using this unit - even though I was only a few feet away from the receiver.

BTW, I was using a Fishman Loudbox Mini Charge.
I had a very similar high pitched whine when using the U2 system but I got it with every instrument I tried. I think these systems are great in that they give wireless ability at a pretty reasonable price but I think for me using it live, I am more confident with the G10.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:32 PM
Charter Member

We just played a party on Saturday, and the lead guitarist and I both brought and plugged in with our G10 units and played the whole evening without a single problem. It wasn’t until we were packing up that we realized we both had brought and used our G10s without checking with the other. Thats exactly the kind of fool-proof ease-of-use that I love. I just wish they’d fix the power plug issues -
Old 04-16-2018, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadol View Post
We just played a party on Saturday, and the lead guitarist and I both brought and plugged in with our G10 units and played the whole evening without a single problem. It wasn’t until we were packing up that we realized we both had brought and used our G10s without checking with the other. Thats exactly the kind of fool-proof ease-of-use that I love. I just wish they’d fix the power plug issues -
I did read in one of the threads about using multiple G10's live. Some people were having some issues with connectivity. Apparently when using two or more G10's, it's recommended to dock all the transmitters, unplug one from the receiver and into the instrument and let it find a channel. Then do the next G10 and do the same from there. Just something to consider if you ever run into that problem. I guess some people were leaving their transmitters plugged in to the dock during breaks and when it was show time, they were unplugging them at the same time causing a confusion with channels.
Old 04-16-2018, 08:19 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petty1818 View Post
I did read in one of the threads about using multiple G10's live. Some people were having some issues with connectivity. Apparently when using two or more G10's, it's recommended to dock all the transmitters, unplug one from the receiver and into the instrument and let it find a channel. Then do the next G10 and do the same from there. Just something to consider if you ever run into that problem. I guess some people were leaving their transmitters plugged in to the dock during breaks and when it was show time, they were unplugging them at the same time causing a confusion with channels.
good to know - we just each did our sound check, then put our guitar on our stand and headed over to the bar to see what they were offering - ;-)
Old 04-17-2018, 05:26 PM

Nady MGT-16 system has been in use for a few years now without any glitches. That's for guitar only. I hardwire the mic. There are reviews claiming that hiss is evident form the unit but I've never experienced anything but clear and clean output. I believe many negative commenters are using it on their electric rigs so perhaps there's a mismatch in their signal chains I don't have. I have mine straight in from a Yamaha with onboards to a Fishman SA220.

Last edited by Pitar; 04-17-2018 at 05:35 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:50 PM
Charter Member

Owed money on my taxes this year and decided to try and tighten up some expenses...but you guys are over here making me want a Line 6 G10. Ughhhhh. I'd put it to use every gig, for sure.

'22 Taylor GTe
'17 Taylor GS Mini E Koa
'09 Craig Anderson/Burlington Guitars B-2 Custom
'01 Martin DX-1
'00 Fender Stratocaster (Midnight Blue)

facebook.com/whitneyborisenok
Old 04-24-2018, 07:07 AM

I have a Line 6 G50 that was given to me by Line 6 to field test when they first released them. I could never tell a difference between using it or a cable, either with my acoustic rig or on electric gigs. It has been dropped, scuffed up, dinged, and used at hundreds of gigs and it still sounds and operates like the day I got it. Perhaps those with more discerning ears could hear a difference but I can't.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:33 PM
Charter Member

Default Can you elaborate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantin View Post
I have the Xvive and the NUX B2. Both are very similar. The NUX costs slightly less. Both have excellent response time and no interference...and of course, super convenient.

The Xvive as mentioned by Methos, does not work with active pickups. The NUX works just fine.
Hi Danny

I have a NUX B2 on way....really wanted to use it with my Takamine and my Ovation, both have active pickups.....did I mess up ???

Help

Michael

2021 Taylor 150e
2022 Gibson J45 standard
2016 Martin DR Centennial
2019 Epiphone PR5
Fishman Loudbox Artist
Boss VE-8
JBL Eon One
Redeye pre amp
Old 07-25-2018, 02:14 PM

The NUX B2 works great with my Taylors' ES2 active systems
Old 07-25-2018, 04:59 PM
Charter Member

I used an Audio-Technica for years till it finally went kaput...I replaced it with a Line 6 Relay G30 and I like it even better!
Old 07-26-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike4mus6 View Post
Hi Danny

I have a NUX B2 on way....really wanted to use it with my Takamine and my Ovation, both have active pickups.....did I mess up ???

Help

Michael

Hi Michael, I have used the B2 with passive K&K, active LR Baggs Lyric, Fishman Rare Earth Blend and LR Baggs Element and all have been fine. Have not tried with Takemine or Ovation systems though so can't comment. Do report how you get on though. I really like the B2.

Olson SJ CED/IRW, Charis SJ SITKA/MAP, Charis SJ ENG/IRW, Charis GC Thinbody SITKA/IRW, Lowden O25c, Larrivee C19, Larrivee OM-03R, Voyage Air VA-OM 04
Old 07-26-2018, 10:43 AM

I've been using this Samson AP1 for 10+ years. Input for 9v-12v, or 9v battery.
This rig may be a little old fashioned but it works very well and prevents my consideration of modern accoutrements.
From battery powered pedal board to a battery powered amp.
Good enough for a graveside threnody or a gig where people actually listen.

Last edited by Song; 07-08-2019 at 01:44 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification