The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 03-28-2018, 12:07 PM
Charter Member

Default Boss ad 10

I played around with it for a couple. Hours could not get good sound out of k and k mini .did not even like it with my other guitars .sound effects were not really great either . I just bought so I can just have small light pedal for outside with grand kids.sent back and I will stick with my great sounding Felix preamp and pedals .
Taylor mini Koa,
huss and Dalton 00 sp Engelmann and rosewood back and sides
Felix preamp
Aer compact 60/3
Fishman loadbox performer
bose s1 pro
Old 03-29-2018, 08:47 AM

None of my guitars has a K&K so I guess I'm comparing apples and oranges but I really like my AD10. The UST pups in my Gibson and Martins react very well with the AD10. Or I guess I should say the AD10 reacts well with those pups.

I did buy a floor model AD10 from Sweetwater a while back to have as a backup but it didn't work properly (sound didn't engage until I turned my guitars up way more than the other unit) so I had to send it back but I think that was an odd unit and not representative of the AD10 in general.

I have noticed the effects are more subtle than stand alone pedals but don't we all say we use these effects sparingly? Perhaps thats why they are subtle?

Anyway, I hope you find something that works with your K&K.

Best,
PJ
Old 03-29-2018, 10:28 AM

Seems to me that a lot of the guitar processing for acoustics out there is designed around a UST. Just a passing observation. I think with fancier mag and SBT pickups, more traditional tools like a solid preamp and a great EQ section are more important.

I'm using the M80 and the acoustic processing in the Boss GT-1 (one assumes it is similar to what is on offer with the AD10), and I'm thinking of dropping the acoustic processing in favour of another EQ block.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification