The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Old 04-15-2018, 01:57 PM

Default Carbon Acoustics "OX"

Will someone describe the neck profile on the current production "OX" model? I am sitting on my hands waiting for my "OX" to arrive and preparing myself for bad news just in case.

I am not a pessimist but I have been known to curse on my backswing!

Last edited by Braindead; 04-18-2018 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Removed masked profanity
Old 04-15-2018, 02:21 PM

Prolly one of the more electric guitar like necks then any other CF...on my oldie but really goodie OX anyway.
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-15-2018, 02:50 PM
Anticipation Junkie

If you like Taylor necks, then you should like CA necks, which are a little thinner/flatter than Taylors.
Old 04-16-2018, 07:16 AM

Smile

Thanks guys! I have never held a Taylor or an electric (yuck) but it sounds like my big thick hands will be happy. I always wanted to try my thumb on the low E for some of the hard to reach chords.
Old 04-16-2018, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braindead View Post
I always wanted to try my thumb on the low E for some of the hard to reach chords.

In my first ever video some thumb wrapage at 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8G1rPUE6c
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-16-2018, 02:24 PM

I forgot about this one of the OX... I could almost play back then...I gotta remember what I did the first one below

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=TqWTogsnyS8

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=06_hscGhSBY

Last edited by kramster; 04-16-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
In my first ever video some thumb wrapage at 3:40

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl8G1rPUE6c
Aha! Now I know who you are. I LOVE your videos! I have passed the new moniker that I gave you on to my friends: "The Jack Benny of Videos". Every time I watch you, you brighten my day.
Should you ever pass through or visit Atlanta, it would be great to meet you.

BTW, your guitar playing is adequate for demoing a guitar.
Old 04-17-2018, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Aha! Now I know who you are. I LOVE your videos! I have passed the new moniker that I gave you on to my friends: "The Jack Benny of Videos". Every time I watch you, you brighten my day.
Should you ever pass through or visit Atlanta, it would be great to meet you.

BTW, your guitar playing is adequate for demoing a guitar.
Ahhhhh geee ... you make a me blush.... growing up I thought it would great to be adequate .... I finally achieved said goal.... my life is complete...thank you.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:09 PM
Guest 928

Mr. Jack Benny Kramster; You are too modest.
Old 04-17-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Mr. Jack Benny Kramster; You are too modest.
Now Rochester ...you see...
Old 04-18-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Ahhhhh geee ... you make a me blush.... growing up I thought it would great to be adequate .... I finally achieved said goal.... my life is complete...thank you.
JBK, I was so happy to please my GURU that I celebrated with two fingers of Jack Daniels!
Old 04-18-2018, 05:44 PM

Quote:
JBK, I was so happy to please my GURU that I celebrated with two fingers of Jack Daniels!

Living on the edge I see.
Old 04-19-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Living on the edge I see.
JBK,
Naw! Living on the edge is pulling out a jar from my stash of daddy's home brew. He concocted his recipe while huddling in a hole on Okinawa during WWII. I never asked him what is in it and I really don't want to know. I only drink daddy's special brew when I am depressed and I don't care if I live or die. When my "OX" comes in today, I may or may not hold my nose and guzzle some.
To be continued.......
Old 04-19-2018, 09:30 AM
Guest 928

Braindead;

If I understand you correctly, when you despair (and we all despair sometime) you go for daddy's special brew. As you are still with us, I presume the brew works pretty good. Maybe you should be putting some of that stuff on the market--the world could use it.
Old 04-19-2018, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvanB View Post
Braindead;

If I understand you correctly, when you despair (and we all despair sometime) you go for daddy's special brew. As you are still with us, I presume the brew works pretty good. Maybe you should be putting some of that stuff on the market--the world could use it.
It's a flip of a coin whether or not you would survive long enough for a second sip. In either case, you would no longer be depressed.
Daddy had another recipe we called the Purple Jesus. Dad mixed Spirytus Rektyfikowany vodka and prune juice. One swallow = your face turned purple, you screamed Jesus and you dumped in your bloomers. Dad always denied it but I thought he offered it as a joke.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber