The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical

Old 02-05-2014, 07:51 AM

If there only was a way of sticking a needle, or two, through the new nylon G-strings ends if it appeared too "coiled" or twisted around itself. Finger force wont be enough. And then try to turn it "straight" and at attention before putting them on the guitar. And a way to thread them that way through the bridge of a classical guitar, and not twisting it while winding them up around the tuning pegs. So it remained straightened up and at attention....throughout all tuning up and stretching, and intonation. I think it would take shorter time to settle and tune up.

I wonder what happened to these strings that used to come packaged in long packages, strings that wasn't wrapped or coiled up at all. Long Johns I think they were called. They remained straight.
Old 04-13-2014, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcap View Post

One thing that helps a lot on a classical guitar is to tweak the tuning. If I tune all 6 strings using a tuner the guitar sounds awful. But if I use harmonics to do the tuning, and then tweak it a bit further I can get it to sound MUCH better. I use the tuning technique that I learned from this web page - scroll down toward the bottom of the page: http://classicalguitarbuilder.com/ma...ewsletter.html

I hope this helps.
Wow! I used the tuning technique in that link and it helped greatly!!

Thanks for sharing that!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Classical