The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-18-2019, 10:40 AM

Default Faith Guitars/Any Owners Here?

I am hoping for a few real world player reviews concerning Faith brand guitars.
It seems I've fallen head over heals for the look and video recordings of the Faith Blood Moon Neptune model. I spoke to the guys on the north shore of Long Island who are the sole importers and they directed me to a shop here in NJ that carries the brand.
Before I take the trip to the shop I would like to be somewhat informed about the real attributes and/or shortcomings of this brand.
Are they similar to L series Yamahas? Or more toward Epiphone Masterbilts?
More upscale quality? less? They are Indonesian made with a wood not common to guitar builders, but well known in the furniture world.
I am really in the dark here. Any insite would be helpful.
frankie
Old 01-18-2019, 11:03 AM

this feed just popped up on my phone today.

https://acousticlife.tv/faith-guitars-review/
Old 01-18-2019, 11:12 AM

I met up with someone at an unheated house he was painting a few years back and tried one. I prefaced with that remark because the cold might have affected it. I think it was a neptune....sounds familiar. Thought it was ok but didn't blow me away. I passed on it. This absolutely doesn't speak for anything except my one and only experience. Other than that I'd think an AB to Eastman, etc would be an acceptable way to judge.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmsstrider View Post
this feed just popped up on my phone today.

https://acousticlife.tv/faith-guitars-review/
Wow, OK. Thank you for that.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guildman View Post
I met up with someone at an unheated house he was painting a few years back and tried one. I prefaced with that remark because the cold might have affected it. I think it was a neptune....sounds familiar. Thought it was ok but didn't blow me away. I passed on it. This absolutely doesn't speak for anything except my one and only experience. Other than that I'd think an AB to Eastman, etc would be an acceptable way to judge.
So you think more on an Eastman level? OK, more food for thought.
Old 01-18-2019, 11:59 AM

What's making me a little hesitant is the explanations about this blood moon series that Faith makes.
Trembesi wood is indigenous to the location in Indonesia where these guitars are made. Sorta like Koa they say, sorta like mahogany they say, but in fact it is neither. Visually it's stunning, stained in this blood moon livery I can't take my eyes off of it. But-
the ebony they use on bridge, fretboard and tuner buttons(I can't remember what they call it or where it's from)is similar to rosewood they say. I don't know if that is good or bad. I like rosewood and I like ebony, too. But ebony that's similar to rosewood, I don't know if I would like that, or if I should like that?
I really want to like this company and this particular series of guitars. I guess it will come down to a hands on test drive next Wednesday. I'll let you know how I feel about it after that.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:26 PM

Default Faith Guitars/Any Owners Here?

Hi there. Check out “The wood database” to find out more about Trembesi. Type Monkeypod instead of Trembesi. Faith guitars are great! I own a Faith Blood Moon. I used to own a Yamaha LS16 but sold it because the neck is too chunky for me. I believe the nut width for Venus BM is 1 11/16”. Neptune is probably 1 3/4” but I am not sure.

Watch the YouTube link attached to get a better idea of the Faith Blood Moon.

https://youtu.be/nm5of4LkbXk

You seem very excited in this “new toy”! All the best in your search and purchase!
Taylor GS Mini Koa (2017)
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 01-18-2019, 12:46 PM

Hey Cool555,
you have one in your stable, what are your thoughts compared to your other guitars?
Old 01-18-2019, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
Hey Cool555,

you have one in your stable, what are your thoughts compared to your other guitars?

It’s my favourite guitar because of its looks and unique tone. Since it is precious to me, I don’t play it that often. Maybe once a week for about an hour. As it is a hardwood like mahogany and koa, it takes a longer time to open up. I only bought it in March last year. It has a very unique tone or rather “its own voice”. I seem to play my gs mini koa more often than the Blood Moon. Lately, I’ve been playing my Carbon Fiber guitar the most often because its the newest in my stable. But I do make it a point to rotate playing all my guitars because I enjoy the different tone woods that produces different sounds. Different tone for different moods.

Just 2 pictures of my blood moon.

Taylor GS Mini Koa (2017)
Martin LX1 (2009)
Old 01-18-2019, 03:02 PM

That sure is beautiful!
Thanks again.
frankie
Old 01-18-2019, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chickee View Post
So you think more on an Eastman level? OK, more food for thought.
In price range only. Eastman is considered one of the top line guitars 600 plus so I'm only saying that might be a good benchmark. Not intending to get into the whole comparison thing with other makes but if your just wanting to decide to dedicate time and money toward a Faith guitar your either going to have to try/buy one or ask how does it compare to another guitar in that price range. I'd opt for an Eastman if that is the case.
Old 01-18-2019, 03:35 PM

Thank you, Guildman. I appreciate your input.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:43 PM

Yes, I have a Faith Neptune Bloodmoon Guitar.
Bought the guitar about five weeks ago, and played it everyday since.
I think the guitar looks beautiful, and sounds even better.
The quality of the guitar is first rate.
I have been playing guitar for over forty years, and had more than my fair share of guitars, this guitar is my favourite guitar of all time.
Not going to get into saying it sounds a little like this or that type of tone wood, or even trying to compare it with any other make of guitar, but what I would strongly recommend is that you try the Faith Neptune Bloodmoon Guitar your self, you may be pleasantly surprised.
Old 01-18-2019, 04:52 PM

I agree on the quality - beautifully made guitars and sound great. My Mercury parlour has supplanted both my Taylor 712e 12 fret and my Collings C10 as my couch guitar. Guitars are my one financial indulgence, but as and when I am looking seriously at a dread, first on my list to try will be a Mars slope 12 fretter.
Old 01-18-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derick View Post
Yes, I have a Faith Neptune Bloodmoon Guitar.
Bought the guitar about five weeks ago, and played it everyday since.
I think the guitar looks beautiful, and sounds even better.
The quality of the guitar is first rate.
I have been playing guitar for over forty years, and had more than my fair share of guitars, this guitar is my favourite guitar of all time.
Not going to get into saying it sounds a little like this or that type of tone wood, or even trying to compare it with any other make of guitar, but what I would strongly recommend is that you try the Faith Neptune Bloodmoon Guitar your self, you may be pleasantly surprised.
That’s really good to hear Derick. Thank you for your response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boombox View Post
I agree on the quality - beautifully made guitars and sound great. My Mercury parlour has supplanted both my Taylor 712e 12 fret and my Collings C10 as my couch guitar. Guitars are my one financial indulgence, but as and when I am looking seriously at a dread, first on my list to try will be a Mars slope 12 fretter.
Thank you boombox. It sounds like the build quality and playability is very good to go up against those other two guitars.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion